Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

EN translation for version 2.06 needed: en.po

More
7 years 10 months ago #134883 by Luke
Hello,

I need the original translated strings for version 2.06, it seems that they are not included in the zip source, nor the page "translate.limesurvey.org" has them.

The original file "limesurvey206plus-build151215.zip" has a template file for translation:

\limesurvey\locale\_template\limesurvey.pot

but at the same time the EN translation has some names redefined (from English to English):

\limesurvey\locale\en\en.mo [10.5k]

but the file used to create that translation i.e. file "en.po" is not included in the source. I have to make a few changes to the messages, and if I start with the template file, I am going to lose all the changes already included in en.mo. In other words: I want to update my "en.mo" file and keep all the changes which are already there.

Does anyone know where can I find that file (en.po) for version 2.06?

Thanks,
Luke
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 10 months ago #134888 by Luke
translate.limesurvey.org/projects/limesurvey2/en/default

This may be the link that I need (found in another thread), does anyone know why it is down?
More
7 years 3 months ago #145058 by priza
have the same problem. the file limesurvey.pot has more strings than the el.mo or the el.po files. so i can only manually edit it to change it.
More
7 years 3 months ago #145062 by Luke
You can decompile "el.mo" to the original string list (el.po). Then edit the list and change it back to "el.mo".

Check this software: poedit.net

and: stackoverflow.com/questions/10863840/how...mo-file-into-po-file

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose