Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

New install of v2.5 - unable to login

• jsavage
  • jsavage's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #133681 by jsavage
New install of v2.5 - unable to login was created by jsavage
Hi,
I am attempting a new install of v2.5 having previously used mainly V1.
my hoster didn't have requisite Mysql version so for v2.5 I selected PostgreSQL.
Install progressed normally until the page where Name of Administrator, Administrator's email and admin password is set. That page failed or at least resulted in URL limesurvey/index,php/instaler/optional with :
Internal Server Error - Installation has been done already. Installer disabled.
http://server/2v5/limesurvey/index.php looks OK except that email address displayed looks like a default
http://server/2v5/limesurvey/admin results in a 404
http://server/2v5/limesurvey/admin/index.php displays admin login
I am unable to login using the credentials I set. default admin/password combo also rejected.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this as I am unable to return to installer as installer has been disabled.
Thanks all
James
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 11 months ago #133726 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic New install of v2.5 - unable to login
What is the version/build of Limesurvey you installed?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • jsavage
More
7 years 11 months ago #133747 by jsavage
Replied by jsavage on topic New install of v2.5 - unable to login
Sorry- should have said: It was limesurvey250plus-build160317.tar.gz

James
  • jsavage
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #133751 by jsavage
OK - I attempted to reinstall with tar over the top of the previous install and thought that would allow me to re-start the installation process using a different table prefix but limesurvey was having none of it as it thinks I have already run the install.

So I renamed the limesurvey folder and started again - However at database (PostgreSQL) population time it failed due to errors relating to tables already existing. This was unexpected as I had changed the prefix (is this a bug?).

So I deleted the database and started again with a new but empty PostgreSQL database. This time I left all the 'optional' config as defaults and saw no further errors. I have now had success logging in to admin using the default password. Suspecting a bug, I decided to proceed with the comfort update first and I have now been able to update the optional settings and password!).

I hope this note helps someone else who may encounter this issue.
If any devs thinks this issue is worth investigating further please let me know how I can capture appropriate logs and I will attempt to re-create the issue.

James
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by jsavage. Reason: update title
More
7 years 11 months ago #134499 by DcdacD
I have the same problem with limesurvey250plus-build160412.zip

Please, can I loggin in the admin panel the first time (admin:password) is not fine.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 11 months ago #134531 by holch
What is the login and password that you have set during the installation process? You need to use those.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
7 years 7 months ago #140117 by wedwo
Replied by wedwo on topic New install of v2.5 - unable to login
I had the same issue - 2.5 160810 running on IIS with php 5.4 and MS SQL Server. The solution was to not make changes on the last (optional) screen but rather finish setup, then make those optional changes through the UI.
I had no hassles on a second installation using Windows 10, IIS, php 7 and SQL Server 2016.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose