Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Frontend locale settings have no effect after updating to 2.50

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #133417 by sebs
Hi!

I recently updated to 2.50 from some older version (1.x, not sure). Both frontend and surveys are configured to use "German informal", but since the update, the entire frontend and my German survey remains English. The survey does use its German texts (there aren't any others anyway), but English front end elements, e.g. "yes" and "no" instead of "Ja" and "Nein", "Submit" instead of "Absenden" and so forth.

/admin/survey/sa/editlocalsettings/surveyid/(id) says the language is "German informal" as it should be.

What I tried:
  • Re-uploaded a fresh LimeSurvery installation, with leaving the database intact - no effect
  • Made sure the language set on /admin/survey/sa/editlocalsettings/surveyid/(id) is "German informal" - it is, can't edit it anyway, no effect
  • Tried to set any other language on /admin/globalsettings - no effect
  • Made sure language files exist - they do, and seem to have the right content. (/locale/*/*.mo
  • Set up a new german test survey from scratch - it's english as well.

I can live with an english admin backend, but I need at least the surveys to use German.
Survey in question: schwarzwaldgeier.de/unfallmeldung (if you submit one for testing, please state so in one of the free text fields, thanks)

Any idea?

Version 2.50+ Build 160317
Environment: Some sharedHosting, see phpinfo()
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by sebs. Reason: environment
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 1 month ago #133419 by holch
I would guess it is a bug. Please report it here: bug report.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 1 month ago #133429 by sebs
I just got an answer pdf export in braille instead of English. I'm rolling back to 2.05.
  • holch
More
8 years 1 month ago #133434 by holch
I wouldn't role back to 2.05. I would go for 2.06 instead. This is quite stable.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• holch
More
8 years 1 month ago #133435 by holch
Anyway, please report the bug on 2.5. Only a bug reported will be actually fixed. The developers hardly read through the forum and they need the help of the community to find and fix bugs.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose