Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Problems after 2.5 Upgrade - LDAP

• emmarichardson
  • emmarichardson's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #130952 by emmarichardson
Problems after 2.5 Upgrade - LDAP was created by emmarichardson
I am having various issues since the 2.5 upgrade with my LDAP authentication.

1. It stopped working and now returns any new user with invalid login info. I had it working on a Search and Bind and I succesfully pulled a user into Limesurvey prior to the upgrade. Since the upgrade, the one existing user can still log in but I am unable to get any new users created. Limesurvey appears to still be connecting to the LDAP server because it is not throwing the cannot connect message or invalid credentials message. I just get the invalid username or password error for any user.

2. On the login page, it is no longer the default authentication - I have to switch from internal database to ldap everytime despite the setting being set for ldap to be default.

On a side note, the css on the admin login page needs fixed. Screenshot attached.
The topic has been locked.
  • emmarichardson
  • emmarichardson's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #130957 by emmarichardson
Replied by emmarichardson on topic Problems after 2.5 Upgrade - LDAP
toOn a side note, I started with the comfort update. Thinking that maybe that had not updated correctly, I then went and did a manual upgrade hoping that would fix it but to no avail.
I also installed ldap tools on the limesurvey tools and tested the server connection with ldapsearch - that worked as expected so it about has to be with Limesurvey itself.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 1 month ago #130994 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Problems after 2.5 Upgrade - LDAP
Hi,

Think best is to post a bug report for LDAP auth

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose