Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Seemingly random session timeout errors - results not saved

• stefanverweij
  • stefanverweij's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #129578 by stefanverweij
Hi,

Since i've transfered one limesurvey installation to a Digital Ocean server last week, running on Ubuntu 14.04, nginx and php 5.6 machine, server spun up and deployed and through Forge (forge.laravel.com) ), respondents are getting (seemingly) random session expired messages (even after only a few minutes), and for every timeout I get 3 "error when saving results" emails, two with the survey, surveyid, token and questioncodes (but no answers, and empty lines after 'errormessage' and 'sql code where error occured') and one with just the survey title and the results, mysql and error message headings. Afterward, no results are saved in the database.

I've reinstalled Limesurvey (tested on an older build 151018, on 120515, and now on the latest master) and took over the nginx.conf recommendations from the installation FAQ, switched to Database sessions (and back) but i keep getting these errors. Weird thing is that I have not been able to reliably reproduce the error, but several respondents have had it happen again and again. One tried it on several computers at different times, and everytime she got the same error. but when i tried it with her token, it succeeded without a hitch..

Any ideas are welcome,

Thanks!
Stefan
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose