Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How do I install LimeSurvey in my MacBook Pro?

• pongkhojes
  • pongkhojes's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #126201 by pongkhojes
Sir, I am trying to install limesurvey in my Mac book running Apache. But I am not able to succeed in installing itself. I have downloaded limesurvey and unzipped. But I am struck after that. I don't know where to place the unzipped limesurvey files in my server. Please help me.

This Installation - LimeSurvey Manual link says, download the limesurvey , unzip them and transfer the files using FTP. But before moving it to production web server, I would like to try LimeSurvey in my local machine (which is not Windows), but I want to create the same environment as production and see how LimeSurvey works. But I don't know how to proceed. Please help me. Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: Remove SPMA : one time again and OUT
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #126206 by Ben_V
Hello & welcome,

I know that recent MacBook (since OSX Mavericks) are able to handle php files but I recommend you to install mamp (free version) to use limesurvey with your device.
After have a look at LS manual (and forum) about local installation with XAMMP because the process is very similar.

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Ben_V.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose