Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Error Message "Please use the survey navigation buttons or index. It appears you

• rikeschae
  • rikeschae's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #255984 by rikeschae
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 6.4.0+231218 
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server via organization
Survey theme/template: Fruity based theme customized
==================

Hello,

I am currently working on a bigger questionnaire with around 60 groups and about 150 questions. This survey is not active up until now.
When clicking through the preview the survey stops at 77% shows the error message "Please use the survey navigation buttons or index. It appears you attempted to use the browser back button to re-submit a page." and skips back to 75%. If I click "next" again the same thing happens and I am stuck in a loop.
I used chrome (Version 121.0.6167.160 (Official Build) (x86_64)) and firefox (115.7.0esr (64-Bit)) on a Mac Monterey 12.7.3.
I imported my survey into another limesurvey instance of a colleague of mine with an older theme template and the error appeared at a similar point around 80% in (his version: Version 6.3.9+231211).  
I did not have this issues the last time two days ago (before adjustments only including renaming question IDs and texts). Importing this older version helped in so far that no issue occured then. I just do not know how only changing such basic text elements can trigger that error.
Update: I changed only some text in the saved version and now the error is there again randomly and I can not go through the survey anymore.

I attached the question group where it is stuck. My participants have to do many cases and the survey just stops working in the middle of trials.

All the tips I found seem to focus more on AJAX, which is not a UI theme option anymore. 
I don't know what to do at this point. I at least need a workaround until Thursday as our experiment will be held then.
Iwould appreciate any ideas! 

Best regards,
Rike
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by rikeschae.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #255987 by Joffm
Hi,
it doesn't make sense to send only one group.

Did you import this lsg into a new survey?
Did the error occur?
I don't think so.

On the other side:
lsq and lsg exports are language sensitive. 
So we have to guess the base language, create a survey to be able to import the export.
And survey wide settings are missing.

Therefore we always ask for a lss export.
Please, send it!

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

• rikeschae
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #255988 by rikeschae
Hello,

The problem did not occur the same way, when I just copied it into another survey. But when I adjusted an older version slightly the same error message came up at, but at another point in the survey like I described.

I understand. Because it is a large file due to the images, I have to share it via my link:  box.fu-berlin.de/s/BWAHja6477qqBB6
The survey is currently filled with placeholders in many places. To get to the problem you have to come until ~77% of the survey.
There are two attention checks in the beginning, one in the demographic questions and one in the task description, which have to be passed. Otherwise you can click anything and come further.

Thank you!

• Joffm
More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #255990 by Joffm

Because it is a large file due to the images

Did you copy/paste images?
Oh, no, that's the worst you can do. You only upload and set a link to your images.
Therefore you have a button in your editor.

Well, now I try to download and import.

Joffm

Aber bei einem solchen Herangehen und einer solchen Größe wundert es mich nicht, dass die Datenbank beim Editieren einen Schluckauf bekommt.

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Joffm.

• rikeschae
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #255991 by rikeschae
Yes, I copied them as placeholders. For the correct images, I wanted to use the UI Interface. 
I will check if it is working with the correctly implemented images.

Sorry, that it is such a mess, and thank you for your time!

• DenisChenu
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #256001 by DenisChenu

Did you copy/paste images?
Oh, no, that's the worst you can do. You only upload and set a link to your images.

I really think it's a good idea to use data uri for image.
It can improve speed of a website if image are important.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

• rikeschae
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #256009 by rikeschae
I adjusted my previous version with only images inserted via UI and html link. I also disabled "Swipe between pages" in my Mac configuration for the trackpad. I think the replacement of the images did the trick, but maybe this could also play a role.

I am not sure how stable it is working now, but up until the error message did not appear in this version.
Thank you so much for your tips! 

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose