Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

This filename is not allowed to be uploaded Error when uploading jpeg

• mixiemics
  • mixiemics's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #152321 by mixiemics
Hi Everyone,

I am encountering "This filename is not allowed to be uploaded" error when trying to upload a jpeg file(logo) in the templates editor. Please see attached screenshot of the error. I tried to rename the file but still with that error. Tried also to upload different files but to no avail. Hope someone can help.

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 11 months ago #152324 by jelo
What version of LimeSurvey is used?
You might get rid of this issue with an update.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • mixiemics
More
6 years 11 months ago #152325 by mixiemics
Hi, I am currently running the latest release/version of limesurvey which is 2.64.7+170404. Thank you
More
6 years 11 months ago #152327 by jelo
Looks like a newly introduced bug. Others are reporting that issue too.
www.limesurvey.org/forum/design-issues/1...-can-not-be-uploadet
I haven't found that bug in the tracker, so please open a bug ticket in the bugtracker.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • mixiemics
More
6 years 11 months ago #152329 by mixiemics
I think also since I cannot find much about this bug in the web or here in Limesurvey org. Okay I'll file this bug in the bug tracker, but are they keen on resolving issues there? I filed a bug I think a week or 2 weeks ago but no one even tried to give an update or resolve that issue. Thanks
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 11 months ago #152348 by holch
I think it depends very much on the issue (if it is considered urgent), the current bugs pipeline (how many open bugs are in the bug tracker) and of course how easy/difficult it is to fix. In general, my experience is that most bugs are fixed relatively quick, now feature requests can take forever...

What is the bug you postet 1-2 weeks ago? Which to be honest doesn't sound tooo long, especially for an open source project that has of course always limited resources.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• mixiemics
More
6 years 11 months ago #152526 by mixiemics
Hi, Thanks for responding. That bug 2 weeks ago was already solved but no one replied or updated the bug report I created. I just redo the template upload and worked fine.

This recent bug that I encountered is about uploading a logo (even other file types or file names cannot be uploaded) says "This filename is not allowed to be uploaded". This is urgent since I need to edit templates and replace logos there but there's still no fix for this. bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=12263
Thanks

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose