Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Limesurvey v2.06 LTS (Long term support) - what are plans for LTS version?

• pcerny
  • pcerny's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #149033 by pcerny
Hi,
I would like to know, what are plans for Limesurvey v2.06 LTS - I found only one mention at roadmap manual.limesurvey.org/LimeSurvey_roadmap :
"This long term support version is scheduled to be maintained until at least 12/2016."

How long do you plan to maintain this version? And do you plan another version as LTS?

Thanks!
Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, Ben_V, socius
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #149636 by jelo

pcerny wrote: "This long term support version is scheduled to be maintained until at least 12/2016."

I found in the download section of the frontpage the following statement:

For our Premium package subscribers we offer 2.06 as a Long Term Support version (LTS). Until March 2017 we will provide critical bug and security fixes for this version when needed.

Which is not that long either. I have got the impression that you will continue to see a 3-6 month commitment when it comes to LTS 2.6.Z. The intention seems to get people move to 2.6Y.Z and reduce the LTS 2.6.Z userbase. As long as there is no intention to offer a stable release for 2.6Y.Z, on a e.g. 3 month base I don't see the LTS 2.6.Z demand dry up that fast. I'm not sure if release fast, release often will encourage people to update more often. When running into issue too often you become reluctant to update at all. If LS GmbH is abandoning LTS 2.6.Z too early we will see forks getting more attention. Personally I'm confident to see a LTS 2.6.Z after release of LS 3.Y.Z. Not so sure about LS 2.6Y.Z becoming a LTS. The third party investment in LS 2.6Y.Z is not that high. Most are waiting for LS 3.Y.Z.

I know you're waiting for an official statement. See my educated guess as a way to bring your post back to the top ;-)

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, pcerny
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #149641 by Ben_V

jelo wrote: I know you're waiting for an official statement.

+1

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose