Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

how to hide the number of slide layout?

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #129121 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic how to hide the number of slide layout?
Hi,

Seriously : actually i have to show "default answer" , "Array filter" , "Question validation equation" because this settings is really used a lot but find in a very big page with a lot of never used settings.

And actualy : hide the number is a specific need, not a general need. After : why not a "color choose" for the number, a font-size choose etc ..... You can have a HTML of 20 screen size ... or more : then no one know the really needed and intersting settinsg.

PS: actually : moving "slider" systemto a plugin (can be deactivated" allow to replace the plugin by another one , or have "slider" simple, "slider" lot of settings.
PS2: slider with "step" is a good idea too, but add again and again a setting is something i don't want to do.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by DenisChenu.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
More
8 years 4 months ago #129122 by holch
Replied by holch on topic how to hide the number of slide layout?
I agree to "show/hide number" being a specific need. But I also see the tendency on this forum that any request, anything that comes up is said that it is possible to do in a plugin. But there are basically no plugins available (at least no stable ones).

And I can see what happens with plugins in Drupal or Wordpress. Whenever a new version comes out you have to wait about a year until all the plugins you need are adapted to the new version. I don't think that is a good way to go.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
8 years 4 months ago #129125 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic how to hide the number of slide layout?

holch wrote: ....But I also see the tendency on this forum that any request, anything that comes up is said that it is possible to do in a plugin. ....

Only me,
and here : template issue .....

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
8 years 4 months ago #129132 by Crusty
Replied by Crusty on topic how to hide the number of slide layout?
Thanks Ben,
That worked perfectly. I had also tried altering the text colour, size, etc. but none of the changes made it into the rendering of the question.

Your java script solution is probably the most elegant way to get the question to render without the slider callout.

Cheers,

Trevor
More
8 years 4 months ago #129153 by Ben_V
Replied by Ben_V on topic how to hide the number of slide layout?
weird :unsure: ...this should also work pasting the same css rule at the end of your template.css file... (be sure having correctly cleared your browser cache ) This will benefit to all your surveys... using this template.
Code:
.slider_callout { display:none !important}

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crusty
More
7 years 5 months ago #144875 by turkerpollster
Replied by turkerpollster on topic how to hide the number of slide layout?
The following worked for me:

add the following lines to template.css

.tooltip-inner {
display: none;
}

.tooltip-arrow {
}
The following user(s) said Thank You: NielsFro, kavoven, Cornacap
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #196049 by ScuolaIUSS2019
Replied by ScuolaIUSS2019 on topic how to hide the number of slide layout?
Dear Tony,
I am trying to find suggestions about removing numbers from the slider layout, trying to avoid cross-posting. I have found this answer (5 years ago), but I would need some advice about how to implement this change in the latest LS version:
.slider_callout {
}

How can I implement this option with the new themes options, rather than the template.css?

I am not expert, and I would like to ask directions about the sections of the Administrator page in which I can add that instruction.
Thank you very much for your support, best
nicola
  • tpartner
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #196050 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic how to hide the number of slide layout?
Do I understand correctly that you want to create a custom survey theme where you have an option setting to hide/show the slider tooltip for specific surveys?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #196065 by ScuolaIUSS2019
Yes, we have already created the survey, and we are ready to launch it. However, we would like to hide the number which is displayed above the slider cursor (with "tooltip" I might have used the wrong term). In principle this could apply to any survey saved in our profile, and not only to this one (I say this because it might simplify the required changes).
I have read the manual on the new options implemented in Limesurvey 3.x, but I am not expert and I must admit that I would be really scared of working on the advanced options in the themes section without directions..
Thank you very much in any case, best
  • Joffm
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #196070 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic how to hide the number of slide layout?
If you are ready to launch, you should use the quick and easy solution.

Add this to your "custom.css" to hide the tooltip
Code:
.slider .tooltip.top {
  display:none;
}

Or do you really want to hide the number only?

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #196076 by ScuolaIUSS2019
Thanks for your clarification about the tooltip: actually we would like to hide the tooltip (and thus the number), not just the number (i.e. your first screen). May I ask you some indications about how to customize the "custom.css" file?
My understanding is that I should:
1) access the administration/themes section
2) select a theme and "extend" it (I guess this is to duplicate the theme, in order to avoid changes on the default ones); e.g. "vanilla", and I rename it in "extends_vanilla_TEST"
3) then, in the "theme editor" for "extends_vanilla_TEST" I open the custom.css file, I add your lines (like shown below?) and save the file ("Copy into local theme and save changes")
4) if this is correct, how can I force my survey to use the "extends_vanilla_TEST"theme?
Thanks a lot, best regards
nicola

/******************
User custom CSS

In this file you can add your own custom CSS
It will be loaded last, so you can override any other property.
Also, it will never be updated. So if you inheritate a core template and just add here some CSS, you'll still benefit of all the updates
*/
.slider .tooltip.top {
display:none;
}
  • Joffm
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #196078 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic how to hide the number of slide layout?
That's the way to do it. Exactly.

Joffm

I guess this is to duplicate the theme, in order to avoid changes on the default ones

Not only this, but there is the heritage.
E.g. If you extended one theme, set some basic styles there which you would like to have for all your themes, then extend again to set some specific styles (corporate design).
Now, if you change something in your basic styles it is herited from the next extensions.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose