Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!

How do I get rid of the "exit and clear survey" button?

More
5 years 5 months ago #65917 by degeus
Hi,

I would like to discard the "exit and clear" button from my survey. How do I do this?

Kind greetings, Sjanett

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #65919 by tpartner
Remove the {CLEARALL} placeholder - probably found in navigator.pstpl.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kateibe

More
5 years 4 months ago #66314 by degeus
Hi, could you elaborate a little bit further on this?
were and how do I change this?

More
5 years 4 months ago #66320 by machaven
Hi Sjanett,

Go into the template editor and make a copy of the template you are using if it is a default one (so u can edit it). Then select the copy to edit and select the navigator.pstpl file on the standard files list. Then remove the {CLEARALL} text in the editor, then save. You will then need to change your survey to use the copy of the template you changed under your survey general settings.

More
5 years 4 months ago #66355 by Mazi
More information on templates is availalbe at docs.limesurvey.org/The+template+editor&...tions+for+LimeSurvey

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
3 months 4 days ago #144786 by Zirys
This deletes the functionality of the button, but it still keeps the button visible for participants.

Is there a way to make the words "Exit and clear survey" also invisble to participants instead of just disabling its functionality?

More
3 months 4 days ago #144787 by olle
If the button is still visible after you changed the template, you might have done something wrong. Are you using the correct template?

More
3 months 4 days ago #144790 by Zirys
Yes. I know I use the correct template because the functionality of the button disappears as soon as I delete {CLEARALL} from navigator.pstpl
Is there something else I need to remover, or do I need to remove {CLEARALL} somewhere else maybe?

More
3 months 4 days ago #144791 by tpartner
Assuming you are using version 2.5x with one of the shipped templates, you can add this to the end of template.css:

#clearallbtnlink {
	display: none;
}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
3 months 4 days ago #144792 by Zirys
Thank you very much. Indeed I was using the "default" template and your solution worked.

More
3 months 4 days ago #144793 by tpartner
You're welcome.

In my opinion, the #clearallbtnlink element should not be rendered if the {CLEARALL} placeholder is not used. Please file a bug report.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

More
3 months 4 days ago #144801 by tammo

Tammo ter Hark
Tools for Research
Haarlem/Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner

More
3 months 3 days ago #144828 by DenisChenu

tpartner wrote: You're welcome.

In my opinion, the #clearallbtnlink element should not be rendered if the {CLEARALL} placeholder is not used. Please file a bug report.

in 3.0/next version:

{CLEARALL_LINK} don't have an ID : then can be added where you want and X times
{CLEARALL_LINK} work everywhere out of the box if javascript is activated
{CLEARALL_LINK} don't need {CLEARALL} to work out of the box
{CLEARALL_LINK} is hidden if javascript is not activated

The 2.5X system is broken : force {CLEARALL} for {CLEARALL_LINK} is a mistake, but allow {CLEARALL_LINK} without {CLEARALL} is a (good) featrure.

This need a manual update, not anything.
Denis
PS : {CLEARALL} work out of the box without js inside form, need js outside .
PS2: same for INDEX/SAVEALL etc .....

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
The following user(s) said Thank You: LouisGac

More
3 months 3 days ago #144859 by holch
Hi Denis! Any idea when LS 3.0 might come out with the cleaned templates? I would need to start to adapt a template for a project, but I would like to spend my time on the next version rather on 2.5.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
3 months 3 days ago #144863 by DenisChenu
Don't know, not my decision.

About actual default template: easier than make a JS if CLEARALL are not present : remove CLEARALL_LINK from startpage.pstpl.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form