Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

assign multiple questions groups on a random basis out of a pool of groups

• Finn Marten
  • Finn Marten's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 months 1 week ago #251187 by Finn Marten
Hello Limesurvey community,

I am currently designing a survey that shall have the following structure:

1. Main Part 
2. Extras  

After completion of the main part I want to ask three out of the six extra question groups (called extra1-6) on a random basis. Randomization only works with questions but not question groups. Through research here in the forum I got familiar with the concept of asking a hidden equation question and then using a dependency to assign question groups randomly to users. My problem is that I don't see a way to repeat this step several times while making sure that the user does not see one of the extra question groups twice or even three times. Also for my survey it is important that the extra questions groups are assigned randomly. So simplifying things by assigning the users to fixed sequences of questions groups (draw random number, if random number = 1 assign extra 1, extra 2 extra 3, if random number = 2...) doesn't seem to be an option. 

As I write this late in the evening after a long day of work, I really hope it is clear what I mean. I consider myself a beginner Limesurvey user so any help and suggestions are welcome. Sincerly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Joffm
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 months 1 week ago #251192 by Joffm
Hi,
as you noticed the approach with random numbers is wrong.
You may instead:
1. Sum the "relevaceStatus" of one question of each group and terminate if it is equal 3.

2. Create three unique random numbers by javascript

Not more as you not only ignored the questions at the beginning but removed them.

Send a lss export of a sample survey with these relevant questions.

Joffm 

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose