Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Array boxes resize to alter presentation of question

• michaelji
  • michaelji's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 months 4 weeks ago #250782 by michaelji
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version:  LimeSurvey Community Edition   Version 6.2.8+230921 
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: ISP hosted
Survey theme/template:fruity
==================
In our survey which has been running for ove 4 years...since the updates the formatting of questions with an Array formatted question the array displays incorrectly when the participant has Windows screen resolution set for easier reading (larger resolution) or has zoomed in to the browser screen to make it bigger,

See attached.

When stretched, the question has a different meaning or better said, the participant would answer this question differently

When the resolutions are changed to "normal" it displays correctly.
ALSO this does not display correctly on an iPad screen, same effect
Note: on an older Sndroid Tablet Chrome browser is incorrect, but Android Internet Browser works.  iPad Chrome and Internet browser do not work correctly.

I do not know how to post as a bug report if that is someone's desire.  

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 months 4 weeks ago #250783 by holch
Making a bug report is no rocket science. You fill in a form and basically write in a structured form what you describe in this post. I think T-Partner had posted the wrong link to the bug tracker in the other post. so here we go:

bugs.limesurvey.org/

You can login with the same credentials as in the forum. Then you create a new bug report, choose the topic, describe the issue, describe your environment, etc.

And you helped they community with it.

But please post real screenshots and not screenshots from your PDF files, because they are more difficult to read.

But are you sure that this isn't just the mobile view? In mobile view array questions are split up into seperate questions, because array questions are very difficult to display and answer on small screens.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
6 months 4 weeks ago #250790 by DenisChenu

But are you sure that this isn't just the mobile view? In mobile view array questions are split up into seperate questions, because array questions are very difficult to display and answer on small screens.
Seems clearly the mobile view.

But : need a way to disable mobile view for specific question, more a feature request.

I think it can be disable via templete, but didn't work on 6 version.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

• tpartner
More
6 months 4 weeks ago #250793 by tpartner

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose