Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Problem with the URL sent automatically when someone registers to my survey

• AryDavio
  • AryDavio's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #240251 by AryDavio
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 3.19.3+191023
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Université du Québec en Outaouais (UQO)
Survey theme/template: vanilla
==================

Hello,

For our survey, our participants have to register to the survey when they click on the survey link. To do this, I have created a table of participants (token). However, since the beginning of the week it is no longer possible for participants to complete the survey. When they register for the survey with the link to the questionnaire, they receive a new link (URL with token) by email to complete the survey. When participants click on the link received by email, they are automatically directed to the end message of the survey with no possibility to complete the survey (the survey has 18 sections in total). Furthermore, I receive a confirmation email telling me that the person has completed the survey, but there is obviously no response for that participant when I go to see their answers. The strange thing is that I have EXACTLY the same settings for another survey and the participants have no problem completing that survey. Another strange thing is that the survey I am having a problem with was working fine last week, as I have several research assistants who have used it without the above mentioned problem. I've put some screenshots with the settings of my survey that has a problem.

Thanks for your help.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by AryDavio.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #240252 by holch
[Edit: I think my first answer was wrong]

Difficult to say anything with the description. 

By the way, your version of LS Version 3.19.3+191023 is from 23.10.2019. So over 2 years without bug and security fixes. I don't think this should be accessible via the internet or used for data collection. I would highly recommend an update. Not that this update will fix this specific problem (as the other survey runs just fine), but it will most probably solve other problems. ;-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by holch.

• AryDavio
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #240253 by AryDavio
Hello,

my survey does not have an expiration date. Could the problem be somewhere else?

Thank you.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by AryDavio.

• holch
More
1 year 2 months ago #240254 by holch

Could the problem be somewhere else?

For sure. ;-)

Now the question is: where?

Without any changes to the survey itself, nothing should change. So the questions is, did someone make changes to the survey?

I could imagine that someone made changes to the structure, relevance equations, etc.

What happens, wenn you test the survey without the need to register?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• AryDavio
More
1 year 2 months ago #240255 by AryDavio
I am the only person who is involved in the structure of the questionnaire and in the relevevance equation. Yesterday I only added an end url (but I added the same end url to my other survey and it works perfectly) and I also added the option to see the survey progress bar.

I just did the test by removing my participants table (mandatory survey registration and token) and I still have the same problem. I am automatically sent to the end message and I receive a confirmation that a participant has completed the survey, but there is no answer in his questionnaire.

• tpartner
  • Away
More
1 year 2 months ago #240268 by tpartner
Attach a .lss export so we can test.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

• AryDavio
More
1 year 2 months ago #240282 by AryDavio
Hello, here is my survey in .lss format. Thanks for your help.

• holch
More
1 year 2 months ago #240285 by holch
Your problem for sure has to do with "Consentemente" at some place.

Your first question group referrs to "Consentemente" which doesn't exist up to this point. I am currently not sure what you are doing there, but my guess is, it has to do with this.

If you take out "((Consentement.NAOK == "Accep"))" from the condition in the first question, the questionnaire starts.

• tpartner
  • Away
More
1 year 2 months ago #240286 by tpartner
holch won the race. :)

Yes, definitely a relevance issue.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

• AryDavio
More
1 year 2 months ago #240287 by AryDavio
OMG thank you so much for your help. This is such a rookie mistake on my part, I was convinced that the problem was of a greater magnitude. Thanks again for your help, I will finally be able to start collecting data for my research project.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose