Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Table of conents vs. Question Index

• WilliPuhdlich
  • WilliPuhdlich's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #211126 by WilliPuhdlich
Table of conents vs. Question Index was created by WilliPuhdlich
Hi.
We are running Version 3.25.4+201215 of Limesurvey.
Currently, we would like to allow navigation back/forth through the survey, while using the question index (top right) to help navigation across groups.
Additionally, we plan to have a table of contents somewhere at the beginning where users get an overview and may jump (via link) to a specific chapter.
1. The Question Index uses URLs that use ?move=[number] syntax - are we allowed to use this as well?
2. The [number] is related to the group count (started from the beginning) and may change when adding a group at the very beginning. In these cases, the table of contents jumps to wrong places. Is there a way to overcome this?
Sorry in case this is stated somewhere in the manpages - in that case, simply leave a link to there and accept my apologies.

Thanks for helping!
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 3 months ago #211146 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Table of conents vs. Question Index
Just check at navigator you have the index with button

To see it : github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/e8...r_complement.twig#L8

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WilliPuhdlich
  • tpartner
More
3 years 3 months ago #211151 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Table of conents vs. Question Index
I'm assuming that simply copying the index will not work for you so further to Denis' answer...

1) Yes, you can use those URLs in links with appropriate data-limesurvey-submit attributes.
OR
You can use buttons with attributes type="submit", name="move",  value="[group index number]".

2) No, the group index number cannot be changed - it is a sequential number in the group structure. If you add groups, you will need to manually modify the "table of contents".

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WilliPuhdlich

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose