Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Adding placeholder for admin login text fields

• Villemk
  • Villemk's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #202108 by Villemk
I have been trying to edit the admin login page to be more similar to the rest of my website. I saw similar topics related to LimeSurvey 2.X, however I am a man of culture and like to keep up to date with updates. What I have discovered so far is that limesurvey/application/views/admin/authentication/login.php is where I can do most of the visual changes for the login page (while also being careful not to disturb the php integration).What I have discovered though, is that the code for the text fields to login are not anywhere to be seen in this file.
This is what I have currently:

And this is what I want:

Does anyone know what file to manipulate to achieve this?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 9 months ago #202114 by holch
You should not make those changes in the files directly, every update that touches this file will revert your changes.

Afaik this login page should be controlled within the admin theme. You should be able to create a custom admin theme (probably best to copy an existing one, not sure if you need to register it in some kind of configuration file, or if Limesurvey just recognizes the new folder and that's it).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
3 years 9 months ago #202115 by holch

however I am a man of culture and like to keep up to date with updates.

Very recommendable. However, I would recommend to stay with 3.x LTS at the moment, because in my opinion the 4.x version is not yet ready for production.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Villemk
  • Villemk's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #202120 by Villemk
Oh that's true, didn't even consider that, thanks!

So I've been perusing around admin themes and I've noticed that my options are rather limited.
Considering I can inject JS files with this, I reckon that I just change all the HTML through a .js file then. Y'all reckon this the best way to approach this?
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 9 months ago #202128 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Adding placeholder for admin login text fields
It can be done using a mix of jquery and css.

But : if you can not doi it yourslef : what reason to update this ?
This is really not a big difference, and you must care of a11y (it's OK currently (on login)).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • tpartner
More
3 years 9 months ago #202164 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Adding placeholder for admin login text fields

Considering I can inject JS files with this, I reckon that I just change all the HTML through a .js file then. Y'all reckon this the best way to approach this?

Yes, I think this is the easiest solutions.

- manual.limesurvey.org/Custom_Admin_Theme...nto_a_custom_theme_2

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose