Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

color of unmet validation tip messages after re-display

• KompetenzZ
  • KompetenzZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #178395 by KompetenzZ
Hi community,

The following sentence is said in the manual regarding the individual styling of validation tip messages:
manual.limesurvey.org/Theme_editor#The_f...f_validation_classes

Furthermore, when you first visit a page that has unmet validation criteria, you can color-code the tips in a pleasing color to show which validation criteria have not been met yet; then re-display the page using a harsher color if the person submits the page with lingering validation errors.

I have no idea how to do that for my multiple choice question (see screenshot) set with "minimum answers: 2" and "maximum answers: 2".
The tip message should only be red when the page is re-displayed (when some unmet validation criteria prevent to load the following page, after clicking “Next”). Currently the tip is already red before answers have been entered and before re-display of the page.
Does anyone here have an advice?

Cheers kompetenzz
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 3 months ago #178403 by DenisChenu
Before 2.5X : you have input-error globally set to question wrapper.

It was not the case in 3.X : github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/74...template-core.js#L76

I think it's a bad solution, and update this input in javascript is a bad idea … but … it was LimeSurvey dev choice .

You can create your own template (or try this one : gitlab.com/SondagesPro/SurveyThemes/skelvanilla )

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • KompetenzZ
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #178424 by KompetenzZ
I can not completely follow your answer. Do you mean the manual is wrong and there is no way to change color only after re-display in LS Version 3.X in the standard themes? If this is the case, this paragraph should be deleted.
I mean, I don't know how to create a theme. So if there isn't a quick fix, I reject this matter.

Cheers kompetenzz
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 3 months ago #178434 by DenisChenu

KompetenzZ wrote: I can not completely follow your answer. Do you mean the manual is wrong and there is no way to change color only after re-display in LS Version 3.X in the standard themes?

Yes, currently manual is wrong.

KompetenzZ wrote: If this is the case, this paragraph should be deleted.

Or : issue must be reported … :)

KompetenzZ wrote: I mean, I don't know how to create a theme. So if there isn't a quick fix, I reject this matter.

Maybe there are way to deactivate this function easily … personnaly i already fixed it in my themes.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • KompetenzZ
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #178493 by KompetenzZ
Ok, thanks, I wrote a bug report.
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=14355

Cheers kompetenzz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 3 months ago #178499 by DenisChenu
Thank you :).

I really don't know how easily disable this function … did you look at end of layout_global.twig if you have the function launched here ?

• KompetenzZ
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #178551 by KompetenzZ
Sorry, I don't have the twig skills to continue here. Thanks for your help.

Cheers kompetenzz
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by KompetenzZ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose