Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Email template conditional formatting

More
5 years 4 months ago #177548 by Panoramic
Replied by Panoramic on topic Email template conditional formatting
Hello, i've been reading this post and i have one question related to it:

In my email templates, can I add the 'text answer' of some question? I explain it:
I'm doing a survey in which i have uploaded to LimeSurvey a matrix with participants (each one with a token) and their responses from a csv file, wich are the responses from last year's survey (we do this once per year). I would like to send them an invitation email with:

{TOKEN:FIRSTNAME} {TOKEN:LASTNAME}

URL + personal password to acces the survey {TOKEN}

-> The response from one of the survey questions. This question stands for their organitzation, it is a free text question that asks them wich institution do they belong to, because there are people doing the survey for several organitzations (one person that belongs to different institutions)

Can I introduce this in the email template without the expression manager? So I can send the mail to all of these participants with their name and surname, their token and the name of their organization.

Thanks,
Eloi.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 4 months ago #177564 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Email template conditional formatting
Of course yu can. You probably saved this answer under a custom attribute, let's call it ATTRIBUTE_1.

In this case you can call it either via {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1} or {ATTRIBUTE_1}, I am currently not sure which one works in emails. I think in the emails you must not use the "TOKEN:" part (because the information can only come from the token table anyway with emails).

So it is probably {FIRSTNAME} {LASTNAME} and {ATTRIBUTE_1} (or in whatever custom attribute you saved it.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
5 years 4 months ago #177582 by Panoramic
Replied by Panoramic on topic Email template conditional formatting
Thank you Holch!

I didn't save this answer as an attribute, it was a question inside the survey; so I've created the attribute 'Organization', i have downloaded the participants file and i filled the 'attribute' column in the csv file. Then i imported it again to Lime. In the template it works perfectly.

Thanks again,
Eloi.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose