Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Reopening a completed survey erases existing responses -- is that normal?

More
4 years 5 months ago #191505 by mos3465
Thanks a lot for your super-quick replies. I really appreciate the feedback!

holch wrote:

3) still has values for the same token in an earlier backup of the exported data

With your setting, this says very little, because you can have more than one response from the same token, as you allow multiple response with the same token.

Together with the "token-based response persistence" enabled this setting makes re-using tokens open the filled out survey submitted (or even only partially filled) earlier and not open a new blank survey, correct?
My point is that there is no way way for a user to "un-select" radio-questions where a selection has been made and submitted before (please refer to the attached image).

It's probably possible to manipulate those questions using URL-parameters (something like "&qcode=NA" at the end of the survey link) but that's definitely not what has happened in those instances.

jelo wrote:

mos3465 wrote: Any suggestions on how to progress?

Open a bugticket, even with an old version. You will receive the answer that your version is old, but you might get the answer that there already is a bugticket for that and it was solved or not.

Did just that, adding the link here for future googlers' reference:
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=15621
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 5 months ago #191507 by holch

My point is that there is no way way for a user to "un-select" radio-questions where a selection has been made and submitted before (please refer to the attached image).

Probably not, if it has been submited (click on a button to send the page, e.g. next or submit).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
4 years 4 months ago #191572 by mos3465
Yeah, that was the case. Several days between such a value being submitted and vanishing again.
Let's see whether the bug report yields anything. Will update this thread if it does.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose