Survey went out in default language iso participant language

More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #159033 by dhel
dhel created the topic: Survey went out in default language iso participant language
Hi,

I'm new to LS. Just sent out the first multilingual survey...
But all foreign recipients claim the got the survey in default language! Though all participants have the proper language in the participants table... and alle texts have been translated and are available...

I'm a little confused now...
I've been looking for a setting I might have missed, resulting in the languages not being triggered...

Someone any idea?

Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by dhel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #159034 by dhel
dhel replied the topic: Survey went out in default language iso participant language
This is confusing :

If I go into details, no matter what language appears in the overview, the detail says "Dutch"...

How can that?
Attachments:

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #159035 by dhel
dhel replied the topic: Survey went out in default language iso participant language
I guess I found the reason...

Language code should not be capitals! But why did the import form CSV just took that information, if the survey does not KNOW that langage code???

Attachments:

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #159038 by LouisGac
LouisGac replied the topic: Survey went out in default language iso participant language
that's a good catch, we could force lower case for language code on import.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dhel

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #159044 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Survey went out in default language iso participant language

LouisGac wrote: that's a good catch, we could force lower case for language code on import.

Fetaure request done ?

Else : if you create your survey in en, add some fr, add fr to survey. Then fr is set to en :). Then "maybe" need a checkbox option ;)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!