Generate 100 random tokens along with a web link for a survey?

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #157135 by qzelle
qzelle created the topic: Generate 100 random tokens along with a web link for a survey?
I want to hand out cards when people leave a seminar we're hosting. It will link to a short survey and will be anonymous, but you'll need to enter the code (token?) on the card to access it to ensure only the people at the seminar can participate in the survey.

I have created a group and a survey, and tried "Generate Tokens" but the response comes back "0 Tokens Generated."

I'm not sure how to go about doing this...

thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #157155 by elissa
elissa replied the topic: Generate 100 random tokens along with a web link for a survey?
Hi,
Tokens (codes) are generated for entries (participants) who do not have tokens previously entered. So you first need to create participants. You may add them manually or upload from CSV file. You may also create dummy participants.
Regards

Elzbieta Lesinska
LS Polish translator and supervisor
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #157182 by holch
holch replied the topic: Generate 100 random tokens along with a web link for a survey?
I think since a while there is an option to create dummy tokens in Limesurvey.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #157220 by qzelle
qzelle replied the topic: Generate 100 random tokens along with a web link for a survey?
OK.. I'm not sure how to create dummy participants and I don't see it in the manual. Is there a tutorial?

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #157222 by holch
holch replied the topic: Generate 100 random tokens along with a web link for a survey?
manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_participants#Dummy_Tokens

And here is how to get there: In "Survey Participants" you go to "Create" and "Create dummy participants".

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
Attachments:

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!