Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Survey response table could be created the first time, but not now--why is that?

• Sweden
  • Sweden's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #155672 by Sweden
Hi there,

I have a suvery with 35 questions that has been working fine for years. I installed a new updated version of LimeSurvey (Version 2.65.0+170502). I was able to import and activate the survey. Before I activated the survey, I created a backup of the new database via cPanel. I thought I could use this "non-activated" survey-backup and restore the database if I later found out that I needed to make some changes to the survey (since you can't delete or add questions once a survey is activated).

However that doesn't work. For some reason I get this message after activating the study:

The survey response table could not be created. Usually this is caused by having too many (sub-)questions in your survey. Please try removing questions from your survey.

That is strange because the same survey could be activated without any problems before, but now it doesn't work. How can that be? Do I need to delete some files/cache? I won't delete any questions because it worked the first time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Sweden.
The topic has been locked.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 9 months ago #155716 by LouisGac
Maybe just try to export your old survey as a lsa file and then import it again.
  • Sweden
  • Sweden's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #155751 by Sweden
Thanks for helping, but importing a survey will change the ID for questions and that is what I am trying to prevent. I thought that I could take backups of the database so that I could use them if I made a mistake (an auto-backup/undo function would be nice...) Anyway, I used the first backup I created, redid the changes and I was able to activate it.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Sweden.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose