Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Admin UI Revamp

More
6 years 11 months ago #151933 by imk79
Admin UI Revamp was created by imk79
Hello All,

As this is my First Post I want to say all of you "Hello" and then a little introduction regarding myself. I am 37 year old UI/UX designer living in Karachi, Pakistan, having 12 years experience working here in a multinational Technology Company.

My Question is that we are using Lime Survey in our projects and now the requirement is to customize the admin area of the lime survey. So guys is this possible for me to customize the admin area of Lime survey any link or reference?

Thanks in advance

Imran
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 11 months ago #151935 by jelo
More
6 years 11 months ago #152121 by imk79
Replied by imk79 on topic Admin UI Revamp
Thanks Jelo. I have added the custom theme successfully. Now the issue is that when I want to change the background color or body and I have added in the custom stylesheet the changes are not showing in browser. Even I have changed it in the base stylesheet in which the old theme is using but the body background will not change.

Do we need to anything else any other place? as I have read that assets are load via assets manager but I am unable to found any asset manager.

Regards

Imran
More
6 years 11 months ago #152122 by imk79
Attachments:
More
6 years 11 months ago #152125 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Admin UI Revamp
Set the debugmode to 1 to deactivate the asset manager (which is a cache). Perhaps that helps.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: imk79
  • tammo
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
6 years 11 months ago #152131 by tammo
Replied by tammo on topic Admin UI Revamp
I guess that when you really mean "revamping" the Admin UI (A-UI), you will run into the limitations of just changing CSS/JS very soon.

The LimeSurvey team is aware of that (I am not a member of that team, but I heard this from them). There is some activity of that field, but if you really want to change the A-UI, you will have to interact with the code that really defines the A-UI.

Some pointers:
  • The feature requests: bugs.limesurvey.org/my_view_page.php You are encouraged to specify you needs and wishes, but be aware: LimeSurvey is an open source projects. So: if you really want to increase your chances to get things done, either offer some money to the developers or get your hands dirty with coding. Contact the team first if you want to implement big changes, so they can inform you if this fits their views.
  • Last year I made a sketch of what I thought would be an improvement. It is posted here: app.moqups.com/tammoterhark@gmail.com/VMOrJNLtR0/view I know that the development team has looked at it, but due to other pressing priorities, have not been able to intensively discuss or implement yet. But that time may come, if enough users will support it (by means of money or coding efforts)

I cannot code myself (except some CSS), so I will stick to drawing.

Tammo

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl
More
6 years 11 months ago #152132 by imk79

tammo wrote: I guess that when you really mean "revamping" the Admin UI (A-UI), you will run into the limitations of just changing CSS/JS very soon.

The LimeSurvey team is aware of that (I am not a member of that team, but I heard this from them). There is some activity of that field, but if you really want to change the A-UI, you will have to interact with the code that really defines the A-UI.

Some pointers:

• The feature requests: bugs.limesurvey.org/my_view_page.php You are encouraged to specify you needs and wishes, but be aware: LimeSurvey is an open source projects. So: if you really want to increase your chances to get things done, either offer some money to the developers or get your hands dirty with coding. Contact the team first if you want to implement big changes, so they can inform you if this fits their views.
  • Last year I made a sketch of what I thought would be an improvement. It is posted here: app.moqups.com/tammoterhark@gmail.com/VMOrJNLtR0/view I know that the development team has looked at it, but due to other pressing priorities, have not been able to intensively discuss or implement yet. But that time may come, if enough users will support it (by means of money or coding efforts)

I cannot code myself (except some CSS), so I will stick to drawing.

Tammo

Thanks mate,

I will see how much I can change its UI with the help of Css/HTML and then I will ask from developer to help me if the management wants more UI customization which I am unable to do.
More
6 years 11 months ago #152149 by imk79

jelo wrote: Set the debugmode to 1 to deactivate the asset manager (which is a cache). Perhaps that helps.

I found this on the below of config.xml which is stated that if I set it true then asset manager will use. Also I am confused which css files I need to use as I have copied the my custom theme folder on two places one in styles folder and second in upload/admintheme/custometheme

Thanks

Imran

More
6 years 11 months ago #152150 by imk79
Also am I able to change the LIME Survey Logo to my Company Logo?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose