Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

from lime to qualtrics(web) and back to lime with the same token (anonymously)

• Martinus7
  • Martinus7's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #150830 by Martinus7
Hi, I am a technician and I was asked to make a construction like this, and anonymously:

limesurvey with token to qualtrics (web) and with the same token back to another limesurvey survey. I am completely new to limesurvey and I was wondering how to do this, especially how to pass on the token two times. (So from lime to qualtrics and then back to lime). And in an anonymous way.

Kind Regards and thanks in advance,

Martinus7
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 11 months ago #150841 by jelo

Martinus7 wrote: I was asked to make a construction like this, and anonymously:

I don't get how anonymously and token get along?

A Limesurvey 1 = L1
B Qualtrics = Q
C Limesurvey 2 = L2

1. You create a token list in L1. You export the tokenlist and import it in L2.
2. You transfer the token via URL GET parameter from L1 to Q to L2.
In L1 you use the EndURL field (Survey settings) and add the token variable to the URL of the Qualtrics survey. ( manual.limesurvey.org/URL_fields )
3. In the qualtrics survey you need to transport the token via URL GET parameter into the URL of L2.
(Qualtrics setup is beyond this forum. But take a look at SurveyOptions / Survey Termination / Redirect to a full URL.
www.qualtrics.com/support/integrations/a...rough-query-strings/

Why is Limesurvey and Qualtrics used together? Looks like a feature like Conjoint is used via Qualtrics.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martinus7
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 11 months ago #150844 by holch
I am also a little bit baffled. If you have to pay for qualtrics anyway, why not just program the whole survey in qualtrics? Or is there something that can not be done in Qualtrics, but in Limesurvey? I would always try to avoid mixing of two tools, where possible.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Martinus7
  • Martinus7
  • Martinus7's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #151799 by Martinus7
Thanks for your help I could use your explanation, the reason for the 3-part survey is that the second survey should be "different", the kids doing the survey should have the impression that the second one is different and a game and fun. But I think you are right and it is easier to do a 3 part survey completely in limesurvey. The scientist I am working for asked for a "different" second survey so I should change the layout of the page and maybe the way of answering the questions. How do you create a different or costum layout of the survey so that I can make the second survey's look completely different? Thanks and Kind Regards, Martinus7
  • tpartner
More
6 years 11 months ago #152015 by tpartner

How do you create a different or costum layout of the survey...

manual.limesurvey.org/The_template_editor

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose