Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

6 point scale

• Shilohkh1
  • Shilohkh1's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 5 days ago #150041 by Shilohkh1
6 point scale was created by Shilohkh1
1. Can you please show me how to include a 6 point scale answer (1-6)
ie:
Strongly Dissatisfied
Moderately Dissatisfied
Slightly Dissatisfied
Slightly Satisfied
Moderately Satisfied
Strongly Satisfied
2. How do I go about making this a predefined so that I can just select instead of typing each time?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 5 days ago #150044 by holch
Replied by holch on topic 6 point scale
1. Use a array question. There you can define the answer options as you like. manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Array
2. Save/define it as a label set manual.limesurvey.org/Label_sets

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Shilohkh1
  • Shilohkh1's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 5 days ago #150045 by Shilohkh1
Replied by Shilohkh1 on topic 6 point scale
Thank you.
How do I ensure that only one option is selected and secondly I want to ensure once the survey has been started the participant must complete it and will be unable to close or go back to answer
  • holch
More
7 years 5 days ago #150047 by holch
Please read the manual. The array question only allows one answer per line. So this is standard.

You can not prevent a respondent from closing the browser or the browser tab. So there is no way to ensure that.

Preventing from going back can be set in the survey's settings. Have a look at that.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
6 years 11 months ago #150918 by ForTheSurvey
Replied by ForTheSurvey on topic 6 point scale
Hi,

I kind have the same problem. I used LS like 2 years ago (old layout). I can't really find out how to change the label of a scale (satisfied to unsatisfied -> normal 5 Likert scale). Unfortunately the manual is not really helpful to me. And how to I delete the "no answer" answer at the end?

Appreciate every help.

Best regards,
ForTheSurvey
  • holch
More
6 years 11 months ago #150919 by holch
You need to use the normal array question, not the specific one with the 5 scale. Then you can define whatever scale you want.

To delete "no answer": This is a general setting of the installation. The super admin has 3 options:
1. always show "no answer"
2. never show "no answer"
3. let survey admin choose

If the setting is 1, only the super admin can help. If it is 3, you can change it in the general settings for your survey.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #150920 by ForTheSurvey
Hey,

thanks for the quick answer. I selected Matrix as the type for the question, but how/where do I change it now? Been trying for hours - no joke.

Edit: I got it. ;-) I'm fine for now. Thx.

Best regards,

ForTheSurvey
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by ForTheSurvey.
  • holch
More
6 years 11 months ago #150922 by holch
Seriously? After hours you didn't find "edit suquestions" and "edit answer options" in the top bar navigation of your question? I am not a big fan of the UI changes, but after "hours" you should be able to find that... ;-)

What do you mean with LS online? LS is a online survey tool, so it must be online somehow. Are you referring to the hosting provided by the Limesurvey GmbH? I have no idea how their backend is setup, but it seems like there has been some change recently, because I can't find this setting in the global settings of LS anymore. So maybe finally this has been made something that can not be fixed by the super admin, but by default can be chosen by each survey admin on a per survey basis.
go to the survey in question, then "survey properties" -> "Presentation & navigation" --> set "Show "No answer":" to "no".

More
6 years 11 months ago #150924 by ForTheSurvey
Well, to be fair, I used the standard 5 scale first. When I changed to Matrix I didn't know that you have to go back to edit it. So ye, I assume if you don't know it from the beginning or someone shows you, it can take a while.
Ye, meant the backup, but not important. ;-)

Best regards.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose