Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

relevance equations not working after import

• locotay
  • locotay's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #146259 by locotay
Aye folks!

I tried to import a survey from a TSV .txt file. Everything worked flawless wouthout any warnings or errors.
The only thing not working right now is the relevace-stuff. Every equation is following the same scheme: ((g001q01q.NOAK != "A1")) and limesurvey marks it as "undefined variable". Ofc the numbers change for every question and the code for every question is definietly unique.
If i use the "set conditions" tool in the backend i do get the exact same code that was declared ad undefined beforehand.. therefore i guess that the equations are ok but not imported correcly.

To get the scheme for my equations i exported a survey with working conditions. I just took that sheme and changed the numbers.

I have no idea what could cause this. I also akes in the irc earlier if someone has an idea but we didn't cam to an answer.

Limesurvey is running on version 2.52+160920
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 2 months ago #146267 by holch
First of all you need to check if the question codes are the same as in your equation, which I think might be the problem.

Another thing is that you are not using a very up to date version. Since Version 160920 there might be 10-20 updates and if it was a bug it might be fixed by now.

Can you provide an example survey for download here where we can try to reproduce this problem?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
  • Away
More
7 years 2 months ago #146268 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic relevance equations not working after import

locotay wrote: I just took that sheme and changed the numbers.

Do you a questin code g001q01q or not ? Maybe g001q01 only ?
Can you look at survey logic file ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • locotay
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #146278 by locotay
Replied by locotay on topic relevance equations not working after import
Since the survey is build in Filemaker (a databse application) and the codes are calculated from the same basic information following the same sheme they should be identical for question and equation. However in the logic file the g###q##q entries have an asterisk in front of the code? o:
(The asterisk is not oncluded in the import file tho.)

I also attached a few groups from the survey:

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...9287.lss
File Size:33 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...9287.txt
File Size:9 KB
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by locotay.
  • locotay
More
7 years 2 months ago #146349 by locotay
Replied by locotay on topic relevance equations not working after import
I'm actually pretty confused right now..
I worked on some template and layout stuff today without worrying about the equation problem.. I just looked into the survey to see if the design is working out and somehow a few equations are working flawless right now. I'm the only one having access to limesurvey therefore it definietly fixed itself.. not for every case tho.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose