Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

problem with few responses

• medhat
  • medhat's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #145559 by medhat
problem with few responses was created by medhat
Hi Guys,
I have a strange issue with few survey responses in my survey.

I have a survey with more than 2,100 responses and they are all ok.. only 3 respondents have answered questions that supposed to be hidden, based on their answers in a previous question, instead of the questions in the branch they chose.

conditions are set through the system and not with javascript, so I don't think it's a browser-related issue.

Can somebody help? Did anybody face the same issue before?

N.B: I've attached a screenshot of q1 & q2 in EM, where q2 should be hidden based on the answers of q1.

Thanks & Regards,
Medhat
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 3 months ago #145571 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic problem with few responses
Hi, medhat,

if there are three respondents who passed a condition you should very carefully investigate ALL their answers.,
Can you reproduce this issue entering the same data these respondents entered?

You can imagine that it is nearly unpossible to give advise without seeing your survey.

Last, but not least: which LS version?

Kind regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • medhat
  • medhat's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #145580 by medhat
Replied by medhat on topic problem with few responses
Thanks Joffm for your reply.

I couldn't reproduce the issue.
Even when trying with the same data, the survey works fine as it should be!

I'm using version 2.00+ ( I know it's a bit old, but I've used it in 100+ surveys with no issues)

Kind Regards,
More
7 years 3 months ago #145590 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic problem with few responses

medhat wrote: I have a survey with more than 2,100 responses and they are all ok.. only 3 respondents have answered questions that supposed to be hidden, based on their answers in a previous question, instead of the questions in the branch they chose.

When I had these kinds of issue is was mostly a browser environment issue. Limesurvey is still not recording the browserinfos via http string automatically. So it isn't possible to pinpoint the issue. I often came across such issues when using Limesurvey in combination with other survey tools. They captured the browserinfos without workaround javascript questions.

The most common issue was that a hidden question wasn't hidden in that browser. I had that e.g with a random number in a hidden field.
This questions wasn't hidden and people entered a different number into that field. Funny results we had.
Second most common issue was around sessions. Sometimes people stop and continued later. Sometimes the session handling gets lost and respondents still seem to be able to continue somewhere. But e.g. conditions no longer get the correct information.

Sometimes people just fiddle around with the survey and try crazy things. So manipulation with intention is also in play from time to time.

It is really uncommon, that you only have three responses with issues ;-) With 2100+ responses it still looks like a successful survey project.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: elissa, r0bis
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #145609 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic problem with few responses

jelo wrote: Limesurvey is still not recording the browserinfos via http string automatically.....

www.limesurvey.org/forum/plugins/107836-...tion-in-your-surveys ;)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: quote broken

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose