Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Surveys results are not being saved properly

• oleggorfinkel
  • oleggorfinkel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #140738 by oleggorfinkel
Surveys results are not being saved properly was created by oleggorfinkel
Hi everyone,

I have been running LimeSurvey online for a couple of weeks to collect signup forms for a course, and during this time I have:

1) Seen lots of "partial" results, where only the metadata, such as the date and the URL are stored, but the rest of the responses are empty (disturbingly, these make up about HALF of all results). At the same time, many other survey responses are being saved correctly.

2) Received reports from quite a few users that when they click the Submit button after filling out the survey, they are sent right back to the front page, without any sort of message at all (and then, later, I can't find their results -- I can only assume that they are among the "partial" ones).

So, it's pretty clear that something is not quite right with the operation of my server. I am running build 160812 on a site hosted on x10hosting.com: apuv.tentokai.com .

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
Oleg Gorfinkel.

Oleg G.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by oleggorfinkel.
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 7 months ago #140747 by jelo

oleggorfinkel wrote: when they click the Submit button after filling out the survey, they are sent right back to the front page, without any sort of message at all

When you do the survey yourself, what is happening after hitting submit? Did you enter a End message in Limesurvey?

Your first issue with incomplete responses (e.g. only meta data, no answered question) is quite normal.
I have 40--60% of these kind of incompletes, when people are just visiting the first page and decide to not answer the survey.

If people reporting that they get error messages or are kicked out of a survey I would recommend investigating the webserver.
There are still bugs in LS 2.5. fixed in every build. So there are might issues, but from your description it looks like a quite normal behavior of LS.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: oleggorfinkel
  • oleggorfinkel
  • oleggorfinkel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 6 months ago #140868 by oleggorfinkel
Replied by oleggorfinkel on topic Surveys results are not being saved properly
Thanks for the reply, and sorry it took me so long to respond. Yes, from what I can see, you are totally right. Now that I've had time to analyze the results, it looks pretty much like all the people who had the intention to respond to the survey were, in fact, able to do it.

Oleg G.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose