Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Date field with dropdown boxes stopped working!

• oleggorfinkel
  • oleggorfinkel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #140034 by oleggorfinkel
I have been using the Date field with the dropdown boxes in surveys for quite a while without any problems, but a few days ago, I installed LimeSurvey on a proper web server (prior to that, I was running it on XAMPP), and all of a sudden, the Date field started causing a problem. It appears to accept the date just fine, but when I hit Submit, I am returned to the top of the survey, as though there are still questions that haven't been answered. Yet, there is no error message or any red frames around the questions. When this happens, no matter what I do, I can't complete the survey successfully. If I just close the browser tab, the survey is saved as a "partial" result, and the Date field is left blank (even though I have entered a date into it). If I change the field format to the date selector instead of dropdown boxes, everything works fine. Any ideas why this may be happening or how to fix it? I really need to be able to use the dropdown box version of the Date field. Thanks!

ATTACHED: An export of my test survey where the problem occurs.

Oleg G.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by oleggorfinkel. Reason: Added attachment
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 7 months ago #140036 by Joffm
Hola, oleggorfinkel,
I just tested it in LS 160804, default template and did not see any issue.
So, the usual question: Which version do you work with, which template do you use?

Kind regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • oleggorfinkel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #140071 by oleggorfinkel
Replied by oleggorfinkel on topic Date field with dropdown boxes stopped working!
Hi Joffm, thanks for replying so quickly! Can you please tell me where I have to look to find out the version number? As for the template, I am using a very slightly modified version of the default template (I only changed the text and the logo on the Home page).

Regards, Oleg.

Oleg G.
  • oleggorfinkel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #140073 by oleggorfinkel
Replied by oleggorfinkel on topic Date field with dropdown boxes stopped working!
So, the version I am running on the REAL web server is V2.50+ Build 160731 (that's the one that DOESN'T work), and the one on XAMPP (which works fine) is 160718. I think this problem probably does have to do with the version rather than the template, as the changes I made to the template were quite minor. I guess one test would be to downgrade the build on the server back to 160718 and try that, but if there is a LATER build that works, perhaps I can update to that. What do you think?

Oleg G.
  • Joffm
More
7 years 7 months ago #140076 by Joffm
Hola, oleggorfinkel,

I just tested in 160731 and saw the same issue.
I remember that there were other issues in this special version.
So update to the actual version and it should be fixed.

By the way: ;)
Please, don't say

Can you please tell me where I have to look to find out the version number?

This only shows that you did not read the topic "Read this before you write here..."

All the best
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oleggorfinkel
  • oleggorfinkel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #140083 by oleggorfinkel
Many thanks for your help, Joffm!

With regard to knowing where to find the version number, you are right, I had failed to read the sticky notes before posting -- sorry about that. But I then did go ahead and sort it out right after... :)

Cheers,
Oleg.

Oleg G.
  • oleggorfinkel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #140154 by oleggorfinkel
Hi Joffm,

Not so good news: I just upgraded to build 160810 and the problem with dropdown box dates is still there... I tested it with the same dummy survey that has a single date field, and got the same result as before.

Any ideas?...

Thanks,
Oleg.

Oleg G.
  • Joffm
More
7 years 7 months ago #140164 by Joffm
I cannot reproduce in 160810.

Try to empty your cache.

Regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
  • oleggorfinkel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #140171 by oleggorfinkel
Do you mean the browser cache? If so, I emptied it the first thing after the update. Or is there a LimeServer cache somewhere that also needs to be cleared?

Oleg G.
  • tpartner
More
7 years 7 months ago #140174 by tpartner
I can't reproduce the problem either with the latest GIT version.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • oleggorfinkel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #140189 by oleggorfinkel
Hi Joffm, tpartner:

Actually, I've been running into some other problems with the server as well, such as pages freezing, and when I try to reload them, I get kick back to the login screen. This usually happens when trying to delete survey responses. When I log back in, I see that the responses I was trying to delete are still there. Also, I'm seeing a very high number of "partial" responses --just about 50%,-- which are actually blank except for the IP address. This suggests that in about 50% of the cases users initiate a survey but then aren't able to enter any data. I have, in fact, received reports from some of the users to that effect, although I have also heard from one person who said that she had completed the survey, hit Submit and was returned to the front page, but I never found her responses in the list.

I would appreciate any suggestions on the above.

Thanks!
Oleg Gorfinkel.

Oleg G.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose