Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Display of dual scale array questions in smartphone browser

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #138960 by jpm01
Hello everybody,

I´ve created a survey with several dual scale array questions. Everything works fine despite the display of dual scale array questions in smartphone browsers (Safari, Chrome for Android) as you can see in the attached screenshots.

In Firefox the answers are displayed correctly (The survey is in German. The participants should rate the influence of some economic trends now on the left scale and in 5 years on the right scale). In Safari the codes of the answer options (Aa, Ab,...) are displayed instead of the text (1, 2, 3...). One solution would be to change the code to numbers but then the explanation of the scale cannot be displayed with the answer options. Thanks for your answers!
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by jpm01.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 8 months ago #138963 by tpartner
Please update to the latest release and retest with he default template. If the problem persists, file a bug report and give a link here so we can follow the progress.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
7 years 8 months ago #138968 by jpm01
I´ve tested the survey with Version 2.50+ Build 160425 in the default template and the problem persists. An update to the newest release will probably not be possible before Monday because a colleague has installed the database on his computer. If you recommend the update anyway I will inform him. Otherwise I can file the bug report immediatly.
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #138984 by DenisChenu
I think it's attended behaviour: we can not show a complete dualscale on small scree.

Maybe you want something more like that : css-tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/doublesuck.png ?

from css-tricks.com/responsive-data-tables/

Another link:
www.himpfen.com/create-responsive-html-table/

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: Edit : add some more link for table responsive issue
More
7 years 8 months ago #138986 by jpm01
Hello DenisChenu,
thanks for your response. But my problem is not that the whole table is bad readable. On the contrary I think the format is good for regular browsers as well as for smartphone browsers. The only problem is that the answer codes are displayed instead of the answer texts for each option (only for dual scale array questions. Even for single scale array questions it works well)
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 8 months ago #138987 by DenisChenu

jpm wrote: ......
The only problem is that the answer codes are displayed instead of the answer texts for each option (only for dual scale array questions. Even for single scale array questions it works well)

:blush: You're totally right :)

It's an issue : you MUST fill a bug report

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
7 years 8 months ago #138995 by jpm01
I´ve filled a bug report that you can follow here: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=11444
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, tpartner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose