Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Invitation hyperlink works in Chrome but not Edge nor IE

• minerj
  • minerj's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #133235 by minerj
LimeSurvey Version 2.06+ (150731)

I'm trying to test out the invitation emails on my survey before making it active. The hyperlink in the invitation email works to bring up the survey in in Google Chrome Version 49.0.2623.87 but not in Microsoft Edge 20.10240 nor Internet Explorer Version 11.0

With Edge and IE I get the message "Error - We are sorry but you don't have permissions to do this."

Does anyone know what permissions I am missing? Any help greatly appreciated.

John
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 1 month ago #133236 by jelo
This looks more like an issue or policy on your windows OS.
Is the computer used part of a windows domain in a company?

Can you post the URL ? (just XXX your domain to keep the survey hidden from the public eye).

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • minerj
More
8 years 1 month ago #133243 by minerj
The personalized web survey URL generated by LimeSurvey in the invitation e-mail is as follows:
survey.XXXX.XXX/index.php/survey/index/s...aucqut76bkf8/lang/en

I am trying to test out the invitation emails on a Windows 10 standalone (no Windows domain) laptop. I have received emails in Windows Outlook 2016 and GMail. In either mail client, whether I click on the URL in the email or copy the URL from the email into the browser, I get the same results: the survey opens properly in Google Chrome, but both Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer show the error message "Error - We are sorry but you don't have permissions to do this."
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 1 month ago #133247 by holch
Can you post a screenshot from the error message? is this an error message from Limesurvey or from the browser?

Can you give us a test link? I understand if you don't want to publish the url of the survey, but I guess it would help us to see what happens, because this error sounds really strange.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• minerj
More
8 years 1 month ago #133253 by minerj
I think I have finally figured out my problem but the behaviour of LimeSurvey is still somewhat screwy. In the Global Settings under Security I finally found the option "Survey preview only for administration users" which was set to Yes. The emailed invitations were NOT sent to administration users. Consequently, it is expected that these users SHOULD be denied by LimeSurvey when they attempt to click on the survey URL in the invitation emails. For Microsoft Edge and IE this is exactly what happened. This is not the case when using Google Chrome and it was not consistent. There were two different Chrome outcomes:
Sometimes Limesurvey would respond with an Invalid Token message; however, if I simply refreshed the screen the survey would appear.
Other times the survey would appear straightaway.

When I set the option "Survey preview only for administration users" to No my problems disappeared and all 3 browsers displayed the survey properly from the invitation URL.

Please see the attached screen snapshots all taken when "Survey preview only for administration users" was Yes:
Limesurvey1.jpg shows the Invalid token message within Google Chrome
Limesurvey2.jpg shows the insufficient permissions message within Microsoft Edge
Limesurvey3.jpg shows the insufficient permissions message within Microsoft Internet Eplorer

Hope this helps others avoid a wasted day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jlpoole

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose