Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

5 point choice question type with text...etc.

• Winocll_48635
  • Winocll_48635's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 6 months ago #124482 by Winocll_48635
5 point choice question type with text...etc. was created by Winocll_48635
I love limesurvey and am so glad to have found it!

I do have a couple of things that i am trying to do regarding design that is giving me quite the headache...hopefully someone can help me before i have to get stock in Excedrin ;)

I would like to know...

How to put text inside of a 5 point choice type question. I'm looking for something like this...

Also, it looks like to get a 10 point choice type question i need to use the "array (10 point choice)" and just hide the subquestion...but if there's a better way i'd like to know.

And finally, is there a way to make the 10 point choice type question have a range of 0-10 or do i have to create a custom array with the range?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #124485 by holch
Just use the normal array type and you can use any scale you want. You can write for '1' the following:
Code:
Strongly</br>Disagree</br>1

I would always prefer the normal array type over the specific ones. At the end of the day, they are just a modification/version of the array type question.

10 pont choice will always only have 10 points. 0-10 has eleven points so you need to create a normal array question with your own scale. But this is really quick. If you use a specific type of scale quite often, you can store it and reuse it later.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
8 years 6 months ago #124486 by holch
For the 10 point choice question, if you don't need varios subquestions, you could just go for the single choice list type of question. There is a way to align the choices horizontally, if necessary.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• Winocll_48635
  • Winocll_48635's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 6 months ago #124495 by Winocll_48635
Replied by Winocll_48635 on topic 5 point choice question type with text...etc.
Thanks, guys...i really appreciate it!
More
7 years 9 months ago #136418 by frisket
Replied by frisket on topic 5 point choice question type with text...etc.
But that's the wrong way round...that produces Strongly Agree...Strongly Disagree DOWN THE LEFT-HAND SIDE OF THE ARRAY instead of across the top. How do I get a question like the one drbray illustrated. This is so massively common I'm amazed there is no question type predefined for it.
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 9 months ago #136424 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic 5 point choice question type with text...etc.

frisket wrote: But that's the wrong way round...that produces Strongly Agree...Strongly Disagree DOWN THE LEFT-HAND SIDE OF THE ARRAY instead of across the top.

You mean semantic differential : manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Array#General_description

frisket wrote: This is so massively common I'm amazed there is no question type predefined for it.

Ajnd same for Time, aggred : 1 to 4, Aggred : 3 point, one for cold to hot etc ....
Really more easy with only one question

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
7 years 9 months ago #136425 by holch
Well, the question type is defined, you are just using it wrong. ;-)

Actually there are two ways to do it.

If you use an array question type with one subquestion (vertical) and a scale / labelset for the horizontal scale you should be fine.

Or as I said, if you have only one subquestion with this scale you can use a list type question and change the number of columns displayed.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose