Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

User-defined attribute fields no longer appearing prefilled when added

• ossvirt
  • ossvirt's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #122754 by ossvirt
I am using Limesurvey Version 2.00+ Build 131009.

I have a system where an operator makes a copy of a Master survey to use as his own survey. After copying he switches to closed mode and adds a token entry. Then he clicks on Manage Additional Attribute Fields in the Token Management screen, then clicks Add Fields with 6 entered in the number box. That adds 6 custom user-defined attribute fields to the token. These 6 custom fields already exist in the central table and are listed as such in the Attribute Management screen -:

client Text box
client_location Text box
employee_title Drop-down list
employee_firstname Text box
employee_lastname Text box
calculate Text box

Previously when he did this, 6 new attribute fields were added to the new copy survey token with the names and settings of the predefined attribute fields.

I have just made some changes to the survey layout, question groups and question order. Now when he clicks on Add Fields it just makes blank fields like this -:

attribute_1
attribute_2
attribute_3
attribute_4
attribute_5
attribute_6

I can't find anywhere to directly reference the link to the predefined fields. The documentation only seems to describe making an attribute field

How can I understand how the link to predefined fields works and ensure that the right predefined fields appear automatically for the operator?
The topic has been locked.
  • ossvirt
  • ossvirt's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #122771 by ossvirt
No replies but I found the solution. Posting here for reference in case anyone else finds the same problem.

The User-defined attribute fields available to view and edit in the Attribute management in the Central participants database, are stored in 3 tables in the database -:
Code:
participant_attribute_names
participant_attribute_names_lang
participant_attribute_values
These values have no relationship to a survey though. Attribute names etc are stored in a survey's own row in the table -:
Code:
surveys
In the field -:
Code:
attributedescriptions
Copying the contents of this field from one survey to another seems to make the attribute fields appear prenamed when added from Limesurvey in Token Management > Manage token attribute fields.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose