Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can Token-based Participants modify their specific submitted suvey?

• kmanapp
  • kmanapp's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #117596 by kmanapp
I have some non-publicly listed surveys selectively shared to participants by means of the LimeSurvey build-in function of token control.

By visiting the given survey URL and as long as the token given is correct, participants are able to enter the given survey and to fill-in answers.

However, there are some scenario that participants have mistakenly inputted incorrect answer. Then, they wish to correct those submitted answers.

Then, questions arise to me.
  1. How can participant be told of their submitted survey answers?
  2. Are there any unique identifier of answered survey can be shown to the participants?
  3. By which way to show them is most appropriate style?
  4. How can participant to modify a specific answered survey?

Thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by kmanapp. Reason: Correct typo
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #117657 by tpartner
Please refer to the manual - "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token?" - manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_settings#Tokens

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • kmanapp
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #117761 by kmanapp
thanks tpartner!

I have already enabled survey with the option of "Enable token-based response persistence" and "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token", however, participant can only save the response to be resumed later but not specifically alter any survey response submitted by him/her. Are there any way that the user can specify a specific response (perhaps based on the response ID) to alter?
  • tpartner
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #117764 by tpartner
If the survey is non-anonymous, the respondent should be able to edit a previously submitted survey. If the survey is anonymous, you will not be able to do this - there is no connection between the data and the token table.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • kmanapp
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #117765 by kmanapp
I see.
Actually, my situation is, I don't want the surveys to be published at the front page which makes available to anyone access my page. So, I enabled token management on such surveys. As token is enabled, it means anonymous, am I correct?

As it is anonymous, LimeSurvey does not allow respondent to edit any of his/her previously submitted survey. Am I correct in understanding you?

Many thanks!
  • tpartner
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #117766 by tpartner

As token is enabled, it means anonymous, am I correct?

No, that is not correct. Please refer to the manual and look at "Anonymized responses?" - manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_settings#Tokens

Cheers,
Tony Partner

• kmanapp
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #117798 by kmanapp
Thanks tpartner for providing help and information!

My case is that I set surveys to
"Anonymized responses" = "No" and
"Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token" = "Yes" and
"Enable token-based response persistence" = "No" and
"Allow public registration" = "No"

For the setup above, can survey participants / survey respondents able to edit their submitted response? Can can they edit any particular response, based on some criteria, such as the ResponseID, the submitted date, or etc?

Thanks in advance for your kindness help!
  • DenisChenu
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #117816 by DenisChenu
"Enable token-based response persistence" = "Yes"

RTFM:

Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token?: Default: No . If you activate this setting the participants may return to his survey by clicking the invitation link, even if he already submitted the survey. If survey is anonymous or Enable token-based response persistence is set to NO, this adds a new responses. If survey is not anonymous and Enable token-based response persistence is Yes, user update existing responses.

Enable token-based response persistence: If your survey uses tokens and your responses are not anonymized, then you may want to enable this feature. If you turn this on, then your participants can leave your survey and resume later at any time without using the 'Resume later' function - for example if he/she gets distracted or his browser crashes. Upon clicking the invitation link again he will find his survey answers so far still in place when returns to the survey and will even continue on the last page seen.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by DenisChenu.
  • kmanapp
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #117828 by kmanapp
Thanks a lot DenisChenu for your guidance!

I see the point that with "Enable token-based response persistence" = "Yes", "he [the survey respondent] will find his survey answers so far still in place when returns to the survey and will even continue on the last page seen", but it is just for the "last" survey only?

I am still unsure if the survey respondent can particularly edit any of his/her old submitted surveys?
More
7 years 1 month ago #148105 by Darren
I think I have a similar question. I have token-based persistence set to "yes", and also "allow multiple". I want users to be able to enter two separate surveys, but to also edit either of them. Is that possible?
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 1 month ago #148112 by DenisChenu
Need 2 different token value. Better to start with newtest=Y in url, but working without (else it's a bug).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
6 years 8 months ago #156811 by BitkomNick

Darren wrote: I want users to be able to enter two separate surveys, but to also edit either of them. Is that possible?

Darren, I have the same (or at least a similar) problem. On the one hand, I would like to allow users to edit multiple token-based answers (so I enabled modification and response persistence). On the other hand, I do not want to send one user a separate E-Mail / URL with a different token each time.

To sum things up: I would like to provide a user with a token-based link. After completion of a survey they should be able to edit their answers (currently via the same token link). Additionally, they should have a way to get a blank survey without the need for one token specific token for each answer.

Is there a way to do this?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose