Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!

Maximum number of attributes?

More
2 years 6 months ago #111093 by Serafim
Hello there,

What is the maximum number of attributes that we can have in a survey?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #130786 by lemonlimebitters
I'd like to now too. So far, i haven't found any thing that states it. Would be good to know, especially if you're doing delphi surveys which require lots of data imported into a survey via attributes in the token table.

lemonlimebitters

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #130868 by holch
I don't think that there is any real limit to it. But you need to keep in mind that your database will have a certain limit. I think the token attributes are stored in a different table as the answers, so at least you have the two limits adding up.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #130997 by DenisChenu
And there are some restriction due to size of the json saved in Survey table too.

If i don't make error.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #131041 by Mazi

lemonlimebitters wrote: I'd like to now too. So far, i haven't found any thing that states it. Would be good to know, especially if you're doing delphi surveys which require lots of data imported into a survey via attributes in the token table.

We have recently tested this on a MySQL database and Limesurvey version 2.06. We sequentially increased the number of token attributes and noticed that at ~80 additional token attributes we started having problems activating the survey.

You can test yourself by e.g. adding 50/75/100 token attributes and then test-activate the survey. If Limesurvey fails to set up the lime_tokens_123456 table due to DB limitations there will be an error message.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #135846 by duvemyster
I noticed a decrease in the maximum number of attributes between versions 2.06 vs. 2.50+ with the same database. Is this due to the change from utf8_unicode_ci to utf8mb4_unicode_ci?

In my case:
  • Version 2.06lts Build 160417 has a maximum of 82 attributes
  • Version 2.50+ Build 160506 only has a maximum of 62 attributes
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by duvemyster. Reason: typo

More
9 months 1 week ago #135870 by c_schmitz
Yes, the new character set uses more space so high-bit UTF-8 characters can be stored.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader

Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form