Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Create an array from previous multiple short text question

• Marloez
  • Marloez's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #110892 by Marloez
First I ask the question to name all the colleagues with whom the respondents have contact on a weekly basis. This is already difficult because the number of people the respondents will mention will vary, while Limesurvey asks me to already specify how many answers I expect:

Attachment Sampleforum2.png not found

So my first question would be if there is a way around this, that the respondent can choose to add for example a sixth name.

Then the next surveyquestion I want to ask them more about their relationship with these frequent contacts. Now I have tried doing this with the filter array of the previous question, but this doesn't work. It asks me to already specify the possible answers, which I cannot as I don't know who works at the firm I'll survey from. My second question should look something like this:

How comfortable do you feel sharing your ideas with these people?
Very Somewhat Not at all
Mary Jenkins
Peter Jay
Louis Nigart
Jack Nicolson

So now I wonder if there is a way to do that with LimeSurvey?
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Marloez. Reason: add image
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 8 months ago #110906 by holch
You can use the response to the item "colleague 1", etc. to put it as an answer option at the second question via the Expression Manager.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose