Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Survey URL

• JeffNevington
  • JeffNevington's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #108804 by JeffNevington
Survey URL was created by JeffNevington
I have just created my first survey with LimeSurvey, just a test at the moment.

When the survey was finished it gave me the url:

my-domain.com/limesurvey/index.php/428527/lang-en

Is it possible to change a url for the survey? I would like to move the survey to a sub-domain to clean up the url, e.g. survey1.my-domain.com .

I know I could make a simple page on the sub-domain manually that redirects to the survey, this would be a half solution. But ideally I suppose I would like an index.php or index.htm file to place directly where I want it.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by JeffNevington.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 10 months ago #108818 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Survey URL
This is out of technical reach for Limesurvey. Since you need a dns entry for that behaviour.
You could have an *.subdomain and mapping via redirect to prevent dns entries for every subdomain.
Still out of reach for limesurvey. Use a htaccess (if apache is your webserver) file to rewrite/redirect url with a * dns entry or individual dns entries for your subdomains.

The /428527/lang-en/ still would need to be added, since they are GET Parameter for Limesurvey. lang-en can be removed if only one language is available.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • JeffNevington
  • JeffNevington's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #108827 by JeffNevington
Replied by JeffNevington on topic Survey URL
Thanks jelo for the reply. I think this might be beyond my technical expertise. It is not really even a problem, I just thought it would be nice to send out a shorter URL but I can just redirect to the survey from the subdomain or wherever instead of moving the whole thing. Once the user has started, having the location of the survey and the GET parameters in the bar is fine.

Also, I was told I could possibly hide the survey location and keep the same address in the bar by putting the survey in an iframe if I really wanted to. The bodge approach.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose