Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

What is the largest number of participants you've had?

• KevinR
  • KevinR's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #108124 by KevinR
This might be the wrong forum for my question, but I couldn't find a closer sounding one.

I'm just wondering what is the largest number of survey respondents some of you might have handled in a single survey before is?

I'm working on a project which will be open to the general public, but I have no idea what kind of response I will get. It could anywhere between 100, 1000, 10000, 10 000 000.

I might put some kind of quota in place, but perhaps in the meantime, if some of you could state what the largest number of respondents you might have had in a single survey before was...it might help to bring a sense of realism to my work.

Thanks...much appreciated.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 10 months ago #108139 by opirnia01
534. It was a "public" survey but most (perhaps all) participants were in a few college classes who participated as part of a research requirement.
  • c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
More
9 years 10 months ago #108142 by c_schmitz
I know customers having as much as 500 000 people on the same survey using LimeSurvey.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader
More
9 years 10 months ago #108733 by misterdot
We have a number of surveys in the 5000 range that will probably grow to 10,000 by the time they're done. The token table for that survey is 800, but allows for people to use their tokens multiple times. Our other largest one has 4000 single use tokens, but only has about 1500 responses.

If you wondering about load on your server, we've got 147 total surveys (119 active) on a small virtual machine (2 GB RAM, 100 GB hard disk space, 2 CPUs). Occasionally, when a survey goes out, we'll get lots of people hitting the server, but for the most part traffic is low and steady. All works great with no issues!
-Matt

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose