Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Multiple choice answers and checkbox on one line in bluengrey template?

• sD960
  • sD960's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #107359 by sD960
I'm using a multiple choice question with about 30 checkbox choices, and would like to divide them into several columns in order to take up less vertical space. I have no problems using the default template. However, with the bluengrey template (our preferred visual style), any columns other than the first one are configured such that the subquestion choices are below the corresponding checkboxes, while in the first column the subquestion choices are immediately to the right of the checkboxes. With the default template, all the columns look the same, with the subquestions to the right of the checkboxes. Even more puzzling, if I set the 30-choice question (in bluengrey) so that there is only one long column, the subquestion choices are to the right of the checkboxes--yet in another multiple choice question with only 5 checkbox choices, the subquestion choices are below the checkboxes. I would like to control the configuration and have all subquestion choices to the immediate right of the corresponding checkbox, across however many columns I've specified, while still using the bluengrey template. Any way to do this?
Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 11 months ago #107406 by tpartner
What LimeSurvey version?
What browser(s)?
Can you activate a test for us to see?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • sD960
More
9 years 11 months ago #107447 by sD960
Tony-

We're using 2.05 build 140212. We get the effect using both Firefox and Chrome. It seems to be limited to bluengrey--I've since tried most, if not all, of the other templates, and they behave like the default template.

Yes I could activate a test for you to see, and I've made a very brief survey that demonstrates the problem. How do I give you access to it? And, should I make and give you access to two copies--one with bluengrey and one with default--so you can compare? Or can you change the template yourself once you have access?

Thanks!
  • sD960
More
9 years 11 months ago #107645 by sD960
Tony-

The question is now moot, as we've decided to go with the basic template instead of bluengrey. however, it does look like there's a problem with bluengrey that ought to be solved, so I'll be happy to provide a sample question in an activated test if you tell me how to get it to you (see my last post).
  • DenisChenu
More
9 years 11 months ago #107647 by DenisChenu
Hi,

You can make a bug report with a litlle lss file and some screenshot (beacuse browser can have different behaviour).

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • sD960
More
9 years 11 months ago #107662 by sD960
Thanks.

I hope someone will be able to address my recent post about importing questions with conditionals.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose