Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: SOLVED - Language change in dropdown and selection

SOLVED - Language change in dropdown and selection 2 years 8 months ago #106503

  • Gordon55M
  • Gordon55M's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Lime
  • Posts: 30
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
SOLVED - I was editing the files in the wrong place. The .po and .mo edits worked. I was working from a user folder in ubuntu where another limesurver folder existed, whereas the actual server files resided in var/www directory. That is why my changes never pushed to the front-end.

I have tried to change the language files per the manual (.po and .mo). The issue I am having is removing the text (Mexico) or "mexicano" from all selections in the application. I have edited the es-MX language file using PoEdit. Does that text get populated via the .mo, or is it hard coded somewhere else? I also tried to edit the file to remove the text on the site without success.

I also edited the surveytranslator_helper.php file with this code:
// Spanish (Mexico)
        $supportedLanguages['es-MX']['description'] = $clang->gT('Spanish');
        $supportedLanguages['es-MX']['nativedescription'] = 'Español';
        $supportedLanguages['es-MX']['rtl'] = false;
        $supportedLanguages['es-MX']['dateformat'] = 5;
        $supportedLanguages['es-MX']['radixpoint'] = 0;

Attached are screen shots to show where I would like it removed.

Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Gordon55M.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds
Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form