Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

V2.05 - Collating feedback from people attending several events

• jsavage
  • jsavage's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #105606 by jsavage
Hi all,
I have a standard survey that collects feedback on club events.
Club members can be listed in the Participant database and can be invited to submit a survey for the first event.
But this model breakes when I want to send the invite for the second event to someone who has already completed a survey for a previous event.

I have: Set cookie to prevent repeated participation? = No

1. Is it possible to configure limesurvey to accept multiple replies from participants? How?

2. I also want to pre-populate the answer to question A1 with a text string containing the name and date of the event. I can do this by hand by adding "newtest=Y?A1=FirstMeeting_3_Mar_2014" to the URL but this is ugly. Is there a way to put the amended URL into the invitation email for all members who attended?

Kind regards,

James
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #105617 by holch
From what I understood you are using tokens for your project, correct?

To 1: there is an option "uses left" which means you can give them a certain amount of uses.

To 2: You can put special attributes into the token table, in your case the name and date of the event. These additional attributes can be referenced to in the survey and they can also be included into the results table when exporting. So you actually don't need to add anything to the link.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jsavage
  • jsavage
  • jsavage's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #105622 by jsavage
Ah - that looks promising. I had seen reference to attribute tokens but the word 'token' threw me.
I have now added 2 attributes, Event and Date to the survey and made these mandatory but the issue is now how to populate these efficiently.

If I then select a batch of 20 attendees from the central participant database and then add them my survey then the names and particpant attributes come over OK. However, I think there is a gap here. What I envisage is a dialog box that could come up at that point which asks whether there is any common data that should be entered for all of the additional attributes for the survey for each of the attendees being added.

Would this be hard to achieve?
  • holch
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #105624 by holch
OK, I have never used the central participant base, so I am not really sure how to bring this over from the central participant database.

I usually upload the token tables as CSV, so you can prepare everything in Excel and then upload to the token admin. I am not quite sure how to use the participant database yet, so I won't be much of a help here.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose