Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Allow multiple responses OR update responses with one token?

• dweisser
  • dweisser's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #105112 by dweisser
It seems that you can EITHER allow a single respondent to edit a submitted OR allow that same user to add a new response to the database. This is accomplished by setting: Allow token based persistence to "Yes" and Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token? to "Yes"

I have a requirement where the respondent must be able to do one AND the other. So, my question is this: Is there a configuration that will allow a single respondent, identified by a token, to choose to edit a previously submitted survey or choose to simply answer a new one?

Thank you for your consideration,
David
The topic has been locked.
  • dweisser
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #105113 by dweisser
To add to my question above:
It seems that when you allow Token-Based Persistence, the template drops the Exit and Clear All button.
I'm using a Basic clone.

I've thought of using a javascript button that clears all the fields of a previously submitted survey.
However, this is not the same as allowing the respondent to choose to submit a new survey.

The option says, Allow multiple responses or Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token. Am I missing something obvious?

Any thoughts would be appreciated - as always.
David
  • dweisser
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #105198 by dweisser
Am I resigned to conclude that this is not possible?
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 1 month ago #105202 by DenisChenu
Hi,

Not core included. Need a plugin (and no idea actually how to start).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • dweisser
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #105303 by dweisser
Denis,
I found a partial solution. I think. :silly:

0) Set up your survey to use tokens.
1) Set up a user group and add that repondent name to it.
2) Restrict permissions for that user such that he can only view and updates responses.

Of course the problem is attaching that respondent's token to the data entery screen so he can only view his response. He can change any response he likes! Is there was a way to use a query string to limit this?
Code:
http://www.domainname.com/survey/index.php?r=admin/responses/sa/index/surveyid/944284

I'm still in 2.00+. (Waiting for comfort update!) What do you think?
David
More
6 years 8 months ago #156765 by charlielaw100
Hi,

Have there been any updates since 3 years ago to inherently allow this kind of functionality?

Thanks,
Charlie
More
6 years 7 months ago #157140 by Rozenn
Hi, I am also interested to allow multiple responses AND update responses for one token. Thanks to tell us if this option has been implemented in a new version.
  • DenisChenu
More
6 years 7 months ago #157236 by DenisChenu
Some code here : framagit.org/SondagePro-LimeSurvey-plugi...ExtraSurvey.php#L153

Easy to create a new plugin, but don't have time currently, come back at end of August.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
More
6 years 6 months ago #158028 by BitkomNick
Hey,

I have the same problem and was not able to find a solution so far. dweisser's suggestion does not seem to work. Are there any news DenisChenu, it's end of August after all... ;)
  • DenisChenu
More
6 years 6 months ago #158031 by DenisChenu
The plugin is ready and used irl. You can try and contribute

More
6 years 4 months ago #160016 by marcocassisa
Hi everybody

I have a not anonymized survey, publicly available, with option token persistence based set to ON.
I also need that a participant can submit more than one survey but also edit the previous if (s)he wants.

Then I installed the questionExtraSurvey, hoping to solve, but it seems that the survey still proposes either to "Load a previous incomplete survey" or to "Save the data" or to "Exit and Clean".

Thus I need some kind help understanding how to achieve my purpose.
Thanks
marco
  • DenisChenu
More
6 years 4 months ago #160020 by DenisChenu
The current questionExtraSurvey need 2 surveys. 1st with token + one questionExtraSurvey, the second one is the final survey you need : where you have multiple answers.

I think you can create currently one master survey with ONLY this question and shown in all in one.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose