Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Users Register, then can access again with same token

• ocbroadband
  • ocbroadband's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #97042 by ocbroadband
Hello,

I know that LS can be setup to make users register, and then be allowed to take survey/quiz/etc, and that's working without issue. However, in the context that I'm using LS, as a report form, I want to be able to allow people to log in again, and fill it out again as needed. Here's the problem, and I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out how to make this work if there is an option.

1) User fills out registration(Firstname, Lastname, Email).
2) Form is presented, and submitted fine.
3) User comes back to form again, either has to register again, but can't because already registered(email address), or has the initial email that was sent to them, then they can fill it out again. But is limited, because the token usage defaults to only 1.

Since I'm doing a static link from a website, I won't have the token for every user that would potentially fill out the form, so this method isn't practical. I'd like LS to recognize their log in, and allow them to fill out the form. If this is possible, I couldn't find where to enable it. And if so, I'd like to be able to define the qty of token uses when a user initially signs up. The main thing is being able to have the user login again, and access the form. I can manipulate the token qty's if needed as people register.

Am I close on anything here?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Lyle
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 2 months ago #103404 by mrli999

ocbroadband wrote: Hello,

I know that LS can be setup to make users register, and then be allowed to take survey/quiz/etc, and that's working without issue. However, in the context that I'm using LS, as a report form, I want to be able to allow people to log in again, and fill it out again as needed. Here's the problem, and I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out how to make this work if there is an option.

1) User fills out registration(Firstname, Lastname, Email).
2) Form is presented, and submitted fine.
3) User comes back to form again, either has to register again, but can't because already registered(email address), or has the initial email that was sent to them, then they can fill it out again. But is limited, because the token usage defaults to only 1.

Since I'm doing a static link from a website, I won't have the token for every user that would potentially fill out the form, so this method isn't practical. I'd like LS to recognize their log in, and allow them to fill out the form. If this is possible, I couldn't find where to enable it. And if so, I'd like to be able to define the qty of token uses when a user initially signs up. The main thing is being able to have the user login again, and access the form. I can manipulate the token qty's if needed as people register.

Am I close on anything here?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Lyle

I am also very interested in this topic. Does any one know the answer? Thanks.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose