Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

LimeSurvey integrated into a new CMS: Drupal --> it does exist now

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #75754 by ledut
Hi !

I have created a module for the Drupal framewok integrating the LimeSurvey software !
It can be downloaded on : drupal.org/project/1460746
and you can try it out on :
www.drupal-limesurvey-synchronization.com !

This module is taking advantages of both drupal and LimeSurvey softwares, enhancing each one.

A LimeSurvey user may have interest using this module if he needs some specific features availables thanks to this integration :
  • making the answers availables for users which have no access to the LimeSurvey admin interface, managing who can view or edit or delete them.
  • Be able to edit or even delete answers from the drupal site.
  • Storing revisions (= old versions) of edited answers.
  • token invitation are generated just before filling the survey for a short period. It results more secure token invitations, availables for only 2 hours by default.
  • Force the user to visit your site before filling a survey.
  • The Limesurvey form can be completed into an iframe : the user will feel of staying on your Drupal site.
  • Fill automatcally the token table of the LimeSurvey database with corresponding drupal users usernames and emails.

Note that this module does not override the LimeSurvey site settings. In order to access to specific features, appropiate survey settings must be set on the LimeSurvey admin interface.

Need beta testers, reporting bugs on drupal.org :
drupal.org/project/issues/1460746?categories=bug
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by c_schmitz.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #75760 by Ben_V

The Limesurvey form can be completed into an iframe...

1 question...Does it work (with all browsers) if there is a captcha activated to access the survey ?

Thanks
Ben/

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #75762 by holch
So is it still the Drupal 6 version? Because you state:

Coming soon
This is the drupal 6 version. Of course, Drupal 7 version is on the way.

Drupal 7 isn't on the way, it is there for a while now. So I was wondering if this was forgotten on the site or...

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #75763 by ledut

The Limesurvey form can be completed into an iframe...

1 question...Does it work (with all browsers) if there is a captcha activated to access the survey ?

A far as i know, it works with IE, Firefox and Chrome. The iframe may not always works if the LimeSurvey site and the Drupal are hosted on different domains, depending on security settings about domain conflicts, but some workarounds may exists : To test !
You may activate the LimeSurvey captcha. It will work.

So is it still the Drupal 6 version? Because you state:
Coming soon
This is the drupal 6 version. Of course, Drupal 7 version is on the way.

Drupal 7 isn't on the way, it is there for a while now. So I was wondering if this was forgotten on the site or...

The drupal 7 version of the limesurvey synchronization module is not available yet and the Drupal 6 version of that module was released a few days ago.

Drupal 7 core is available for 1 year ago, I guess you are thinking that it is weird to release a drupal 6 version in such context but I have created this module for a drupal 6 site (using custom modules that only exist on d6, that why I haven't migrate to the d7 version). Anyway : lots of people still using drupal6 and is easier to create a drupal 6 module then porting it to drupal 7. I wanted to complete the D6 version before porting it to Drupal 7.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by ledut.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben_V
  • holch
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #75765 by holch
Na, not weird. I know that drupal 6 will be quite long around still, especially because not all addons and modules have been adapted very quickly. I was just wondering.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #75772 by ledut
Yes, this part is confusing on the demo site, i'm going to precise this sentence.
More
12 years 1 week ago #76301 by jonno6766
Great start! Have you considered ssl solutions to reduce the potential for hacking of either Drupal or Limesurvey installations?
More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #76311 by ledut
Hi jonno6766,

This module does not increase the potential for hacking of either Drupal or Limesurvey installations. Code is written respecting the " writing secure code " guidelines.
Drupal is very secure regarding hacking.
You can activate ssl on both Drupal and LimeSurvey, it will work (I have tested it).
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by ledut.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonno6766
More
11 years 11 months ago #76938 by Rumbi
Hi Ledut
Great work!!
I have downloaded your module, synchronized my site with the limesurvey server and created a survey which does not require tokens. It runs seamlessly in drupal, even in an iframe.
However:

1. Once I log out, I cannot complete the survey, could this problem be due to the fact that I do not have tokens? If not, what could be the problem?
2. All the Survey properties as listed in the limesurvey admin console are listed to every user, whether the user is logged in or not. How can I hide these properties?
3. The label above the 'Go To' button is form, how can I personalise it to be the title of the survey.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Rumbi
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #76979 by ledut
Hi Rumbi,

1. You have to allow anonymous users to create answers : Go to permission page, under 'admin/user/permissions', near to 'ls_answ module', fire the ckeckbox 'anonymous user' for the line 'create (...) content' and save. Tokens feature is not concerned.

2. This is a bug concerning access right, fixed into the beta 3 (coming soon).

3. Personalizing the page to access to the survey completing form :
  • You can add a text printed above the buton/link redirecting to the completing form : On the survey edit page, select the tab 'options', click on 'Submission form settings', add the text (or the survey title) into the textaera 'Explanation or submission guidelines: '
  • Under the same 'options' page, you can choose a link instead of a button, under 'Options for the response completing form'
However, printing the survey title as the title of the button form may need hard coding the 'ls_answ/ls_answ.toform.inc' file on line 55, replacing :
t('Go to the survey')
by
$node->title.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by ledut.
More
11 years 11 months ago #76983 by Rumbi
Thanks Ledut.
Since I can't do 2, how do I enable limesurveys for visitors to my drupal site, without displaying all the properties and admin settings for a particular survey?

Do you plan on implementing this feature or do I have to just provide a link to the limesurvey server everytime I want a visitor to fill in a survey? This would be very messy for about 50 to 100 sites? Are you planning on improving on this aspect since your module is still in beta?

Rumbi
More
11 years 11 months ago #76985 by ledut
I have just edited my previous, post : it is bug on beta 2, you need to wait for the beta3. I will release it today or tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rumbi

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose