Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Allow user to return to assessment results and/or create pdf from results

• mlyter
  • mlyter's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #70825 by mlyter
I have created a survey that can be taken without any registration/token,etc (basically anyone with the link). I have used javascript to give feedback according to group score throughout the survey, but have also turned on assessments to give additional information at the end of the survey. This additional information includes some links that we would like the user of the survey to have access to after the survey is completed.

We can print the assessment results but this does not allow the user easy access to the links. Is there a way to create a link using the ID of the survey in conjunction with the ID assigned to the user that would allow the user access to the assessment results at a later time?

If not, is there a way to allow the user to export the assessment results in a pdf?
The topic has been locked.
  • TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
12 years 3 months ago #71047 by TMSWhite
In 1.92RC1, you can create tailored reports, like the feedback and links you are describing. Users could print out any desired page with that report information. Also, that same tailoring works in print_answers at the end - they'll see their raw answers, plus any tailored reports.

The first page of the demo for 1.92RC1 shows a sample of such custom reports.
  • mlyter
  • mlyter's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #71084 by mlyter
TMSWhite, thanks for your response.

I ended up passing the SAVEDID and SID in the end url and querying the mySQL database from a separate page.
More
7 years 11 months ago #134069 by mattheoh

mlyter wrote: TMSWhite, thanks for your response.

I ended up passing the SAVEDID and SID in the end url and querying the mySQL database from a separate page.

Hi, I m trying to do the same thing you did, I mean :
- Save Assessment (to permit users to consult it later)
- export assessment in a pdf file

Could you tell me more, about your solution ?
Thanks per advance.
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
7 years 11 months ago #134185 by Mazi
Did you think about just displaying custom assessment results at the "thank you"-page using the Expression Manager and placeholders?

You could easily add a "Print assessment results" button there which calls the browser's print option, see www.javascriptkit.com/howto/newtech2.shtml
Most modern browsers support direct PDF printing of any website.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
More
7 years 11 months ago #134189 by mattheoh

Mazi wrote: Did you think about just displaying custom assessment results at the "thank you"-page using the Expression Manager and placeholders?

You could easily add a "Print assessment results" button there which calls the browser's print option, see www.javascriptkit.com/howto/newtech2.shtml
Most modern browsers support direct PDF printing of any website.

HI thanks for your answer.
I already finished my assessment - it works well, but it's in HTML and not saved.
Add a PDF button could be a good solution... But I also need to assign / save the assessment (PDF or HTML version) to each survey completed (accessible in the result list).
The aim is the admin can go in the back office and look at the assesments of each survey completed...
(hope I m clear enough - that was exactly what mlyter wanted to do, but I didn't understand is solution with ID and SQL Queries)
  • Mazi
More
7 years 11 months ago #134190 by Mazi
I am not sure if mlyter finally created the PDF at all. The solution sounds like he only loads the details of the current data set into a custom script which is called at the end of the survey.

Dr. Marcel Minke
More
7 years 11 months ago #134192 by mattheoh
Indeed, I think he made a custom SQL request when the assessment is generated, to insert it in the database.
I don't need to go until there.
I will put a pdf button as you said...
But I need to find a solution to add / assign this pdf, to the survey result, to make it accessible in the back office...
I didn't find anything about that on forums.... not easy. :blink:
  • Mazi
More
7 years 11 months ago #134193 by Mazi
You are right, storing results as a PDF is pretty difficult and not that easy to automate with complex additional coding.

To assign a PDF to a certain survey is pretty easy, you can simply use survey ID (e.g. 12345) and data set ID (e.g. 333) as a file name when storing the file: "assessment_12345_33.pdf".
You could then e.g. send an email to the admin including such a dynamically created link to the PDF or provide users with a predefined link at which they just have to enter the data set (and survey) ID.

Dr. Marcel Minke
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #134194 by mattheoh
seems a good idea to play with surveyr ID'S to generate the pDF name !
And maybe I could add an hidden equation question which the result would be : assessment_ID_DataID.pdf ...
In this way, I could directly access to the pdf file form the result list.
Do you think it would be possible ?
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by mattheoh.
  • Mazi
More
7 years 11 months ago #134197 by Mazi
The equation question sounds like a good idea. You could even hard code the complete path + file name there so an admin can copy - paste that at his browser to call the later created PDF.

Dr. Marcel Minke
More
7 years 11 months ago #134199 by mattheoh
I m going to look forward into it.
I will let you know, if I can do something with all this stuff ! ;)
Thanks again for your help.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose