Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I have a survey group that is available for all users?

• tammo
  • tammo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
2 months 13 hours ago - 2 months 13 hours ago #257510 by tammo
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 6.1.8 (customers version, not updatable at this moment)
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own
Survey theme/template: not relevant
==================
I want to make at least one survey group available for all users. This is the group with sample surveys, showing all possible question types and many variants.

I did this by defining a new survey group (Example surveys) and ticking the box at the bottom: "Always available". This has the following text as help text: When public mode is active, any user can see the survey group. This allows any user to put surveys in this group.

But what does that mean? This group is at the moment not visible for all users and I do not know what "Public mode" means. It seemingly has nothing to do with Public availabity of the survey. Which would be strange, of course.

Tammo

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl
Last edit: 2 months 13 hours ago by tammo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 months 4 hours ago #257527 by DenisChenu
> When public mode is active, any user can see the survey group. This allows any user to put surveys in this group.

The SurveyGroup is visible by ALL user : this is not true for Surveys in group. Any user can put a survey in this group.

Currently : there are no solution to have "All user can see and export all surveys in this groups". Can be done with plugin, or create a feature request : something like "Permission for ALL user for : 1. This survey , 2. This SurveyGroup"

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

• DenisChenu
More
2 months 3 hours ago #257529 by DenisChenu
Seems to be done for this : github.com/SondagesPro/surveysModel

BUT :

1. No 5.X/6.X tested or compatible (since there are hack …)
2. Lack of listing (LS need a new event for listing)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
The following user(s) said Thank You: tammo

• tammo
More
2 months 1 hour ago #257539 by tammo
How much time would it take you to develop this? Or is waiting until the listing event has arrived necessary?

Tammo

respondage.nl

• DenisChenu
More
2 months 1 hour ago - 2 months 1 hour ago #257541 by DenisChenu
Update to 5 or 6 are not really difficult : the big part is the JS part : to add the second dropdown at a better place (Hal a day maybe)

For listing : bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=11023 : 3 days ?

Last edit: 2 months 1 hour ago by DenisChenu.

• tammo
More
2 months 1 hour ago #257545 by tammo
What I would like to see is a more solid approach to user groups and survey groups and roles.

For example: in Drupal you cannot give individual permissions, you always have to give one or more roles to a user. This makes it easy to update when insight change: change a permission in a role and all user with that role are updates.

I would like to see the same approach for user groups: when you add a new user to a user group, he or she is also added to all surveys that the user group has been added to.

Do you think that that is feasible?

Tammo

respondage.nl

• DenisChenu
More
2 months 1 hour ago #257546 by DenisChenu

I would like to see the same approach for user groups: when you add a new user to a user group, he or she is also added to all surveys that the user group has been added to. 
The LimeSurvey user group is more a shortcut to select a lot of user than a real user group …
You're right about reporting it as a LimeSurvey issue. Hard to do it via plugin only.

Do you think that that is feasible?

All is always feasible (time & money), here: it also depends on LimeSurey GMBH's willingness to accept this type of modification in the core.
Maybe ask to Carsten on discord ?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose