Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can we use LimeSurvey to do supervised surveys?

• Amy_J_
  • Amy_J_'s Avatar Topic Author
More
4 months 6 days ago #253746 by Amy_J_
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: (undecided—see note)
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
==================
Hello everyone,

We are currently evaluating LimeSurvey as a potential tool for our project, which involves collecting information in 60 countries through desk research. Our approach includes having a single dedicated country researcher for each country who will gather data on laws and policies and then complete a questionnaire or survey.

For effective management, we plan to designate coordinators for each region worldwide. These coordinators will play a crucial role in assigning surveys, monitoring completion progress, and, once questionnaires are filled out, reviewing, adding comments, and either approving or rejecting them. In case of rejection, the coordinators will send the surveys back to the respective country researcher for revision, or to a second round of reviewers if they are approved.

While we've explored the documentation on user administration, we're uncertain about its compatibility with our specific supervision process. Could anyone provide insights or guidance on whether LimeSurvey can be configured to support our workflow effectively? And if only in a certain version or in the LimeSurvey-hosted version versus self-hosted, that would be much appreciated as well.

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 months 6 days ago #253751 by holch
If it is possible, surely not "out of the box". You will probably have to make quite a few adaptations for the supervisors to be able to add comments, etc.

Reviewing should be no problem. You can create a PDF report for example, or send a admin notification email to any email you want with the answers from the questionnaire you want.

Should regional coordinators be able to login into the Limesurvey backend, they could review (and possibly change) responses via the response table for example.

Or once you have a filled response, you could export the response and include it into a new survey via custom attributes and have them piped into a "supervisor" survey, where you show the answers given and the supervisor could adapt them. But this would basically involve 2 surveys. one for the desk researchers and then one for the supervisors. And you most probably will need to find a a way on how to get the ansers given in the first survey in to the second survey in an easy manner. Maybe this could be automated via API, but I am no expert. Via CSV you sure could import them into the second survey as custom attributes, but this would mean some manual work for sure (e.g. wait for X surveys to be filled, then export the data and prepare the custom attributes for the supervisor survey).

Maybe someone else has another idea.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, Amy_J_

• DenisChenu
More
4 months 6 days ago - 4 months 6 days ago #253796 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Can we use LimeSurvey to do supervised surveys?
Reason why all of this plugins was created or updated/improve (and really : usage for big organisation who manage a lot of data by country)
  1. gitlab.com/SondagesPro/managament/responseListAndManage
  2. gitlab.com/SondagesPro/TokenManagement/TokenUsersListAndManage
  3. gitlab.com/SondagesPro/TokenManagement/CreateTokensByResponse (this was was used with TokenUsersListAndManage to create country relation ( French relation with Belgium for example)
  4. gitlab.com/SondagesPro/QuestionSettingsType/questionExtraSurvey (using more this one than responseListAndManage currently)
  5. etc …
But : even with this extra solution, it's rarely out of the box. Need to have the exact concept before, maybe you just need gitlab.com/SondagesPro/SurveyAccess/surveyChaining (the “And you most probably will need to find a a way on how to get the ansers given in the first survey in to the second survey in an easy manner.” part for Holch)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 4 months 6 days ago by DenisChenu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amy_J_

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose