Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

E-mail consent in Central Participant Database

• helasz
  • helasz's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 months 1 day ago #251559 by helasz
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.6.34
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Ubuntu 22.04.3
==================
We are making potentially multiple surveys with each participant registered in the Central Participant Database (CPDB). Participants are supposed to give their consent for use of their e-mail address once at the registration and then each time they fill a survey. We can (by adding custom data field) register the actual state of the consent, but we have not found the solution for updating of that field in the CPDB automatically whenever the participant is filling a new survey. Participants of course should be given the possibility to revoke this consent in which case the status of the consent field should be altered in the CPDB.

Optimal workflow would look like this:

1) Registering first name and last name (in our case this is done always offline personally, not online) in the CPDB
2) at the same session the participant decides whether to take future surveys also through internet or only personally in place. In case he/she opts also for internet we need to be able to document (on paper or digitally) he/she has given us the e-mail address and the consent to use it.
3) whenever the participant takes a survey online, at the beginning we need to make sure he/she still gives the consent. If not so, we need to be able to update his/her status field in the CPDB from within the ongoing survey and then act accordingly. This decision will have then effect on the participant's future surveys of course.

I would appreciate any help in this.

helasz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• helasz
  • helasz's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #251792 by helasz
I have found in the default e-mail template two items ({OPTOUTURL} and {OPTINURL}) which may solve (although only partly) my question.
However I consider this issue solved.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose