Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Creating a goup with questions or only questions at runtime

• lucianv
  • lucianv's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 months 5 days ago #251384 by lucianv
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: [6.0]
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own
Survey theme/template:
==================
Hello everybody,

I have two array questions looking like below:

Q1. Do you prefer your food                           Hot     Medium/Hot          Cold
                                                 Food  A             o            o                       o
                                                 Food  B             o            o                       o
                                                 Food  C             o            o                       o

Q2. Do you prefer your drink                          Hot      Medium/Hot          Cold
                                                Drink  X             o            o                        o
                                                Food  Y             o            o                        o
                                                Food  Z             o            o                        o

Both questions are mandatory to be answered.
Based on the answers to these two questions, I need to generate a number of text questions dynamically, only for the Hot and Cold answers. For example.
Q3. I would pay for my Food A and my Drink X .....
If a respondent selects Medium/Hot in both questions Q1 and Q2, then I do not have to generate any new text question at all.
If a respondent select Hot or Cold for question Q1 and only Medium/Hot for question Q2, then I will generate only questions based on the Q1 answers.There may be 3 questions, 2 questions, or 1 question depending on the selection.
....and so on with the logic.
The maximum number of new generated text questions could be: AX, AY, AZ, BX, BY, BZ, CX, CY, CZ.

Is there a way in Limesurvey to dynamically create questions as I need?
Something along the line:     if( <<condition is met in previous answer>>) then <<create new text question>>

The example above is just a simplification. In reality I will have three array questions with 6 items each, so creating a fix number of combinations beforehand will not be feasible.

Thank you for your answer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 months 5 days ago #251386 by jelo

Is there a way in Limesurvey to dynamically create questions as I need?

No. When you activate a survey the structure in the database table is fixed.
You need to create the max amount of text questions and show/hide them depending on the answers of the previous question.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose