Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I avoid an internal server error upon re-importing a survey?

• baltzis
  • baltzis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #251028 by baltzis
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey Community Edition Version 6.2.11+231007
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own
Survey theme/template: Any
==================
I had to delete an imported survey e.g. XXXXXX (selecting "delete" from "Tools" in the survey XXXXXX editor page), but when I try to re-import it, I get the message
"500: Internal Server Error count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, null given".

A few days ago, I deleted some imported surveys, but using the option "delete" from the survey list after they were selected. Then, I re-imported them without a problem.

Does this make sense to anyone? Can I re-import the survey for which I get the error message?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #251050 by jelo

Does this make sense to anyone? Can I re-import the survey for which I get the error message?

Looks more like an bug in LimeSurvey. When was the last time you imported the survey successfully? And which LimeSurvey build was used?
I haven't looked into the code to see if there are two different routines to delete a survey. Would surprise me if that would be case.

If you cannot import the survey in more than one LimeSurvey build I recommend to open a bug report. If you cannot share the survey file with others,you might try import the LSS in LimeSurvey 5.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

• baltzis
  • baltzis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 months 3 hours ago #251586 by baltzis
Thanks for the reply. I did not have the time to run more tests though, so I imported the .lss file and then the answers that were exported in a .cvv file. This way I bypassed the import procedure. Hopefully, next time I will need to delete and re-import some survey there will be no problem.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose